Happy St Georges Day

Started by Silver Tabby, April 23, 2024, 12:06:25 AM

« previous - next »

Silver Tabby

muddy

Scrumpy

I bet few people know that it is St Georges Day.. very sad..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I have my George flag up. When I got it out of the packet there was only one eyelet. Luckily I do have some eyelets and pliers but they are only small.

Raven

Happy St George's Day to those who celebrate it. :engl:

Alex

Happy St George's Day

JBR

Quote from: Alex on April 23, 2024, 10:35:48 AMHappy St George's Day

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Happy St George's Day, whilst we still have it.

I read that black taxi drivers in Londonistan have been instructed not to fly the English flag, which is something they apparently have done for years.
Perhaps Palestinian flags will be OK?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

It's my Dad's birthday, he was born in 1905.

I wonder what he'd have made of the UK today.

At least his generation didn't live long enough to see that D Day was just a waste of time & lives.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 23, 2024, 09:11:25 AMI bet few people know that it is St Georges Day.. very sad..
I never remember St Andrew's day.  Can't miss St Patrick's though, there's usually a Guinness beer tent in the centre of town! 

April 23, 2024, 01:22:38 PM
Quote from: Diasi on April 23, 2024, 12:49:12 PMIt's my Dad's birthday, he was born in 1905.

At least his generation didn't live long enough to see that D Day was just a waste of time & lives.
A year after mine.  They lived through two world wars, my father saw active service in the second.    He was a chivalrous, old school type, who sadly never even made it to 60.  I bet they'd all be shaking their heads. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Quote from: JBR on April 23, 2024, 11:11:57 AMHappy St George's Day, whilst we still have it.

I read that black taxi drivers in Londonistan have been instructed not to fly the English flag, which is something they apparently have done for years.
Perhaps Palestinian flags will be OK?

ooh heck how did that happen  :grin:

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on April 23, 2024, 12:49:12 PMIt's my Dad's birthday, he was born in 1905.

I completely agree.
Millions lost their lives to protect this country in two world wars, yet now look at what we are doing.
Our leaders are happily inviting into our country as many people, who are quite likely to eventually oppose and even fight us.
Your dad, my dad, and so many others who fought for this country eighty years ago, must now be turning in their graves.
The country is moving to probably the lowest form it has ever been, and nobody's fault but our own people.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire