Bring Back Boris

Started by Alex, March 10, 2024, 10:19:49 AM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on April 28, 2024, 06:04:04 PMThey will be severely punished at the ballot box when the time comes. I am convinced of that.

And all they had to do was follow conservative, i.e. sensible and even popular policies. But no, they went off into their make believe world and here we are.
Bearing in mind what has happened over the past 14 years, I wonder how long ago it was when the Liberals invaded the Conservative party.

I'm not sure about the beginning, when Cameron was PM.  Although he was a hopeless failure, and a coward who ran away when we didn't support his wish to remain in the EU, but I don't know that he himself was a Liberal.

Then May came along.  She, of course, did a great deal of damage.  Among other things, she sacked half of the police and, I believe, caused us many problems which are coming to fruition today by changing several things and not for the better.

Boris, of course, was a buffoon and I suspect that many people of influence with whom he dealt took advantage of him.  Yes, of course, he lied about his parties and who knows what else!

Poor old Truss didn't last two minutes, so I cannot possibly condemn her!

Now Sunak has been 'in charge' for nearly two years.  I can't think of any important changes which he has made and, in fact, I think that Mr Wishy-Washy doesn't have a clue what to do anyway, though he promises a lot!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

I see that the Miriam Webster online dictionary states that 

QuoteThe meaning of AYATOLLAH is a .... leader among Shiite Muslims

With that in mind, perhaps we ought to rename the position of PM as Ayatollah since their job seems to lead shite politicians.😬

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on April 28, 2024, 07:09:00 PMI see that the Miriam Webster online dictionary states that

With that in mind, perhaps we ought to rename the position of PM as Ayatollah since their job seems to lead shite politicians.😬

It certainly should be 'Ayatollah Khan', if it isn't the title already used by his fellow muslims in Londonistan.

Scrumpy

I have been thinking about Boris.. What a bloody twerp..
He could have done so much.. The voters liked him.. He had a certain amount of charisma.. It all went downhill when he started acting the idiot.. he seemed to think that his job was to act the fool..
What a waste of talent.. So sad..

Wasn't it him who brought in the water cannons when he was London Mayor !!
They should have been put into operation..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 06, 2024, 12:51:22 PMI have been thinking about Boris.. What a bloody twerp..
He could have done so much.. The voters liked him.. He had a certain amount of charisma.. It all went downhill when he started acting the idiot.. he seemed to think that his job was to act the fool..
What a waste of talent.. So sad..

Wasn't it him who brought in the water cannons when he was London Mayor !!
They should have been put into operation..
Yes, Boris brought them in.  Guess who removed them?

If there is any doubt, I can say that it was Mayor Khan who, in 1988, sold the ones we still had in order to "invest in projects to tackle the root causes of serious violent crime".
I think we all know what happened since then, and under the tenure of Mr Khan.

Unfortunately, we seem to have leaders ('rulers') who feel there is no need for them, especially when the same people are happy to encourage mass protests in our capital and have, I assume, instructed our police to do nothing to control them and protect the innocent.  Our government is wishy-washy; the next one will be worse; and it seems that the majority of Londoners want to retain Khan as their elected 'caliph'.

Alex

Khan may have removed the water cannon but it was Theresa May who banned their use, daft woman !

muddy

Can't we just get a fire engine and add some skunk to the water ? 

JBR

Quote from: Alex on May 06, 2024, 02:04:36 PMKhan may have removed the water cannon but it was Theresa May who banned their use, daft woman !
True.  Only one of many things which she has done during her term in office which has damaged this country.
Another was to sack half of the police, including many of our most experienced, for some reason best known only to herself, and we can all see now the consequences of that action.  

It has contributed to the problems we see in Londonistan today, where the Metropolitan Police under Khan have chosen to be completely ineffective, and possibly encouraging of the naive protestors under the control of their leaders-in-secret.

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on March 10, 2024, 10:19:49 AMCould this save the Tories ?  It's being talked about, but they need to find him a seat first.
I know the Tories are desperate but he WAS the PM we voted for and he should have stayed PM until the people removed him.
 Apart from Tommy Robinson being arrested again on 'unknown charges' it's very quiet today  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Boris a two faced lying cheat and Lib Dem double agent. Married to a Green slimester.

I'd find him a seat, or rather a chair - an Electric one. Could anyone ever trust this double breasted Con-man again. I think a lot of ex Tories hate him with a vengeance!

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

The only possibility of not getting a Labour government is if they somehow end up with Corbyn back as leader. Other than that it's a done deal. My fervent hope is that it isn't just a thrashing but complete annihilation. The One Nation faction are already suggesting any shift to the right will lead to an electoral wipeout and urging more net zero, open borders, etc. etc. that is the chief cause of them being where they are now.  Only from a complete razing to the grass roots is there any chance of what comes from the ashes is even remotely Conservative.

Alex

Does anyone else think Starmer will  be removed once he's PM ?

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on May 06, 2024, 05:46:41 PMDoes anyone else think Starmer will  be removed once he's PM ?
I hope not, I don't want to be robbed of watching all the ridiculous hopes of the 'new better UK' Labour supporters crumble as his sheer incompetence surfaces into the spotlight if he becomes PM.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I always thought he would be but I'm not sure how the rules stand now. He always looks like he's about to burst into tears to me. Probably that will be us though when he's PM.

JBR

As for Boris, I can't imagine that he'll manage to come back as a future PM.
As has been said, he has lied and it has recently been discussed on the telly how he held not one, but several parties at No.10 during the 'Covid years'.

It's a shame, because when he first stood for PM I thought he would make a good leader, and entertaining in a way.
Unfortunately, the Conservatives have failed to be Conservative ever since Cameron, and probably since they stabbed Maggie (my heroine) in the back.

Diasi

I find this Spiked article very good as it spells thing out precisely as they are.

https://tinyurl.com/26sc6muk
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]