Quick tips on Forum Navigation (inspired by where is Wordle)

Started by klondike, February 08, 2024, 10:11:25 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Wordle was originally put in General by the original poster. When I asked about moving it it turned out that many put the Games board on ignore and said leave it where it is.

I have Games on ignore myself, I navigate the board mostly using the Unread Posts link at the top of the board. Games does still show in the Updated Topics link next to it for some reason.
From those two I use the NEW button but be aware that it takes you to the first post you haven't read and not the last in topic. Something that often catches me out on my occasional visits to the word games as they run in strict sequence and if the last post you read happens to have been at the end of a page with others since your reply will be out of sequence.

Limericks started in Games but got moved to Chat because it was largely missed by those ignoring Games.

Your profile has an ignore boards link - https://letschat.club/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards so if Games, Politics, whatever do not interest you they need not stop the quick navigation that Unread Posts provides. I'll copy this as a sticky in announcements as I think it is handy for new posters of which we've been fortunate getting just lately.