19 - 2

Started by Alex, December 02, 2023, 09:58:37 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I'm watching this police drama series on Netflix set in Montreal.  So far I've watched Series 1, now Hill Street Blues it 'aint, but the stories are good and the two main characters are excellent  :smiley:     

Raven

We don't have Netflicks or any of the other pay for channels.

Alex

Worth getting it for just the winter months !  :upvote:

GrannyMac

We get enough with our Virgin box.  We do still pay for a licence though, but I was quite miffed when they changed the rules to means test it.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Quote from: Alex on December 03, 2023, 08:19:20 AMWorth getting it for just the winter months !  :upvote:

Naw, Neither of us are telly mad, we record what we want to watch, and watch whenever. There's only one channel I miss and That's "Alibi" Before I moved here most of the time, I had Virgin Media and I loved that channel, it had everything I liked. It's Freeview here and except for "Alibi" it's mostly all the same channels I was paying for, I only had the basic pack as it's so expensive the more you want.
In the summer the telly's hardly on and as I said we do record stuff, we also have loads of DVDs and I can download stuff off the Internet to a memory key and bung it in the back of the telly if I really want to see something.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on December 02, 2023, 10:11:49 PMWe don't have Netflicks or any of the other pay for channels.

Of course not.  You're Scottish!  🤣

In all seriousness, though, no-one needs a BBC Tax licence and no-one has to pay for Netflix, Prime, etc. (although we, despite being Yorkies, do).
In my opinion, the best option is to pay £40 for a Fire Stick and that's it.  No further payments (except for batteries), and there are many channels which are free and worth watching (although you are obliged to see the adverts).
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

I just have Virgin... I can pick up all the apps.. Netflix etc..
I do pay a Tv license .. There are some things I watch .. The Bidding Room .. 
 I can't be arsed to search out stuff.. I am not too clever when it comes to remote controls and TV..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..