Shetland

Started by Ruthio, November 10, 2023, 04:17:31 PM

« previous - next »

Ruthio

Well, who knew this was the TV section!!!

Anyone enjoying Shetland as much as I am?! 

GrannyMac

Yes, although I miss Perez. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Pity I can't watch it  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Couch potato = TV watcher, we're very trendy on here Ruthie 😃😃😃

klondike

I've got two episodes downloaded but will wait till I have them all before starting to watch. I hate the weeks gap between episodes.

Alex

Anyone watched this series, on Drama Channel. ?  It's called Signora Volpe with
Emilia Fox from Silent Witness.  My friend sent me a link but I've missed a couple

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EguyGKInFCg&pp=ygUNc2lnbm9yYSB2b2xwZQ%3D%3D

dextrous63

Sounds good Alex.

Quote from: klondike on November 10, 2023, 10:34:33 PMI've got two episodes downloaded but will wait till I have them all before starting to watch. I hate the weeks gap between episodes.
Me too. I've been recording Coronation Street since the mid 1970's, initially on VHS before going digital.  Am still waiting for the series to finish before I can sit down and binge watch the whole lot😬

Alex

What do you need to be able to record progs ?  I've got a smart telly in the bedroom should I be able to record from that ?  Sounding like a thicko I know, but technology sometimes flummoxes me  :grin:

klondike

Quote from: dextrous63 on November 11, 2023, 08:34:54 AMSounds good Alex.
Me too. I've been recording Coronation Street since the mid 1970's, initially on VHS before going digital.  Am still waiting for the series to finish before I can sit down and binge watch the whole lot😬
Best tactic with Corrie imo  :upvote:

I'm doing similar except I'm not recording.

November 11, 2023, 08:49:27 AM
Quote from: Alex on November 11, 2023, 08:40:18 AMWhat do you need to be able to record progs ?  I've got a smart telly in the bedroom should I be able to record from that ?  Sounding like a thicko I know, but technology sometimes flummoxes me  :grin:
You aren't allowed to record.. Use the emporium. Not that that is allowed either.

dextrous63

Buy a camcorder and point it at the screen😬

Actually, I was amazed to discover that that was how they used to convert old cellulose films onto vhs/digital format.  Project it onto a screen and point a camera at it.

Alex

Quote from: klondike on November 11, 2023, 08:47:51 AMBest tactic with Corrie imo  :upvote:

I'm doing similar except I'm not recording.

November 11, 2023, 08:49:27 AM

You aren't allowed to record.. Use the emporium. Not that that is allowed either.

Aaaah you mean because I don't have a licence ? 

JBR

Quote from: Alex on November 11, 2023, 08:40:18 AMWhat do you need to be able to record progs ?  I've got a smart telly in the bedroom should I be able to record from that ?  Sounding like a thicko I know, but technology sometimes flummoxes me  :grin:
For many years I have used a video recorder, which also plays DVDs.  It can pick up TV transmissions in the same way as the telly, via the aerial cable and records programmes on to its internal disc.  I used those recordings to copy on to DVD, and even edited out the adverts(!), for future use.  I have hundreds of such recordings stashed away and occasionally watch some.

It has now been superseded because we don't bother with live TV now, and we can watch all manner of films, etc, which are available online: Netflix, Prime, many online TV channels (non-live of course), YouTube, etc.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: Alex on November 11, 2023, 09:08:53 AMAaaah you mean because I don't have a licence ? 
Yes. Not allowed to record live TV. Can't use iplayer either come to that. 

Ruthio

Quote from: Alex on November 11, 2023, 08:28:26 AMAnyone watched this series, on Drama Channel. ?  It's called Signora Volpe with
Emilia Fox from Silent Witness.  My friend sent me a link but I've missed a couple

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EguyGKInFCg&pp=ygUNc2lnbm9yYSB2b2xwZQ%3D%3D
I watched the first episode last night, really enjoyed it, visually stunning, and nice and undemanding!
Will watch second episode later, oh no  its the Remembrance concert, have to be tomorrow  😆

P.S. the actress whos taken Perez' place in Shetland is on every chatshow, every daytime TV show, Graham Norton, she's everywhere!!!

klondike

Just started now it has completed. Watched first two episodes and as usual hooked.

Watched another two last night. I don't usually watch TV in the day but as it's almost dark at 4 I think I may as well watch the rest.