New series of Happy Valley

Started by klondike, January 09, 2023, 09:21:05 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

About time too. I enjoyed this when it was aired way back but there were only 2 seasons for some reason. I see there is now a 6 episode third season airing on BBC. I'll grab it from the Emporium.

Scrumpy

I thought series one was fantastic.. Series two not so much.. I have started watching Series three but seem to have lost interest in it.. 
 The word HAPPY in the title should not be there.. I am finding it very depressing..
I have watched a few episodes of The Light in the Hall.. Not too sure about that one either..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I'll have to watch seasons 1 and 2 again before I start on 3. I think 2 was where the bloke who was later the cycling vicar in a police series was a psycho. It was pretty black. I always took the Happy as being tongue in cheek.

I only recently found the Bank's series in the emporium because it is DCI Banks not Inspector Banks. They are pretty downbeat too.

Scrumpy

I am still watching it.. So bloody depressing.. No-one smiles.. and it seems a bit far fetched.. 

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 04, 2023, 05:48:22 PMI am still watching it.. So bloody depressing.. No-one smiles.. and it seems a bit far fetched..

Well, I've even got my hard to please DIL hooked on Happy Valley.  She's started from  Series 1 too.  As an aside the area this is filmed is beautiful, I've been to a few of the places shown and it really is fantastic scenery.

Scrumpy

Beautiful scenery.. never filmed in sunshine..

I am not hard to please.. I've even watched Love Island..

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 04, 2023, 08:00:05 PMBeautiful scenery.. never filmed in sunshine..

I am not hard to please.. I've even watched Love Island..

It was when Tommy Lee stopped and got off his bike to look at the sun shining on the lake or reservoir :grin:

GrannyMac

Can't wait for the outcome of HV tomorrow.  Brilliant cast, but they were never in Sheffield!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Have them all downloaded now. I watched the first episode last night. Slowish start as they all were but I expect it to hot up as all the seasons seemed to start slow.