THAT Photograph.

Started by Raven, March 11, 2024, 12:41:43 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: ansu on March 14, 2024, 09:44:33 AMIn my opinion it's much ado about nothing, but maybe this is due to the fact that we don't have royals. The private life of our chancellor and president is more or less a taboo subject.
You do have royals.

The problem is they're over here.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 12, 2024, 11:44:28 AMKate , at this time, is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.
 Most pics put out by celebrities are (altered) in some way..
Even my grandchildren can adjust pics that are put out on social media.. Nothing new there..
The public will continue to (guess) the health problems of Kate..
The last one doing the rounds has her in a coma..
Roll on Easter, when she is back doing the rounds, to put an end to this stupidity..

Who'd want that 'life', even with all the bells & whistles ...

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

GrannyMac

No ta. I'd much rather have my quiet, simple life.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

ansu

Yes, we have royals, but they don't have the same status than yours - they still are rich, but not involved in ruling the country. Our president and chancellor are only elected for a certain period. As to your royals, it's true they are siblings of Queen Victoia and Prince Albert - of German origin.
It's good that you are proud of your Royals, but I suppose they don't have an easy life at the moment.
In an interview on German TV Barack Obama once said what he enjoys most after his presidency is to be no longer in the centre of public attraction and to be able to drink a coffee in a café like everyone else.

JBR

Quote from: ansu on March 17, 2024, 09:44:36 AMYes, we have royals, but they don't have the same status than yours - they still are rich, but not involved in ruling the country. Our president and chancellor are only elected for a certain period. As to your royals, it's true they are siblings of Queen Victoia and Prince Albert - of German origin.
It's good that you are proud of your Royals, but I suppose they don't have an easy life at the moment.
In an interview on German TV Barack Obama once said what he enjoys most after his presidency is to be no longer in the centre of public attraction and to be able to drink a coffee in a café like everyone else.
Actually, our royals are not involved in ruling the country either, though perhaps they still have some unofficial influence on our government... perhaps.
As far as I'm concerned, their real 'duty' is ceremonial and perhaps useful with regard to foreign relationships.

Proud?  Well yes, I suppose I am still proud of my country, although far less so now that it is becoming a bit of a joke around the world.  I did respect our late queen, who as far as I can see never put a foot wrong and was no doubt respected throughout the world.  Charlie-boy, however, is rather a different matter.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

ansu

That's true - but times changed.

muddy

Kate is being treated for cancer .

Alex

Yes that's very sad and three of the RF now being treated for cancer.

GrannyMac

Particularly sad when it's a young parent.  Let's hope the speculation stops now. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on March 22, 2024, 11:31:06 PMYes that's very sad and three of the RF now being treated for cancer.

Three !!! I know of Charles and Kate.. Who is the other one.. !
Don't tell me that Andrew has got in on the act..!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

I would have thought that anyone who was remotely interested in her must have worked this out for themselves by now.

At least she didn't have to wait until it got to stage 4 before the NHS eventually got involved & they're the ones that I think about.

The really bad news is that it'll be wall-to-wall news for God knows how long.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 23, 2024, 08:00:49 AMDon't tell me that Andrew has got in on the act..!!
Close but no cigar. I asked google.

Alex

I was including Sarah Ferguson, isn't she being treated for breast cancer ?