Sunak's House

Started by Alex, August 04, 2023, 10:42:36 AM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

I honestly feel law and order is decaying fast from my viewpoint, OK over here, but talking to my friends daily on 'Zoom and Whatsapp' I know they are worried, some genuinely concerned to go out after dark, even in a car and never on the 'Tube' at any price, too many muggings which now go unreported, as the police are disinterested if there's no pictorial supporting evidence as identity.

More friends are coming to stay this month, with a definite view to re-location from London one couple and another from Leeds (outskirts) another.

Both are retired couples with no children and their capital will exit with them of course.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on August 05, 2023, 10:44:05 PMI honestly feel law and order is decaying fast from my viewpoint, OK over here, but talking to my friends daily on 'Zoom and Whatsapp' I know they are worried, some genuinely concerned to go out after dark, even in a car and never on the 'Tube' at any price, too many muggings which now go unreported, as the police are disinterested if there's no pictorial supporting evidence as identity.

More friends are coming to stay this month, with a definite view to re-location from London one couple and another from Leeds (outskirts) another.

Both are retired couples with no children and their capital will exit with them of course.
I'm sure that Leeds is far more civilised than Londonistan, well, apart from one or two inner city areas.
Certainly, the north of Leeds is a lovely place to live in... if only I could afford it.
In fact Leeds and Halifax are the only two cities in the West Riding that I'd ever consider living in.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

They presently live in a lovely home in Horsforth, they sold it on Saturday (same day as it went on the market). There are two other would be purchasers as back ups too. I reckon a bidding race may now ensue?

I've stayed many times when visiting Headingley over the years.

'Cleggy' and other half are booking up to visit me right now, to have a look round here seriously for a property. They are horse lovers and that gives them plenty of choice in these parts.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...