Panic stations?

Started by klondike, February 08, 2024, 11:07:18 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Rishi Sunak opens door to Boris Johnson making dramatic political comeback

The Prime Minister told ITV that he is in contact with his predecessor-but-one and did not rule out him getting a major job.

Rishi Sunak today opens the door to Boris Johnson's political comeback and tells of his pride in their time working together.

The Prime Minister admits there are "well-documented differences" between them but revealed he talked to his former boss just a few months ago.

And he left the option of making use of Mr Johnson's talents in the future on the table.

Asked if he would have the ex-PM back in his Cabinet, Mr Sunak replied: "I'm proud of the work that we did together. And we worked well together for a long time. In the end there are, you know, well-documented differences..."

Full Story - https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1864280/boris-johnson-rishi-sunak-comeback-itv

In other news Sunak may be considering exhuming Thatcher and Churchill

dextrous63

Does this mean an elevation to the Lords so he can do stuff, like Cameron?

klondike

Would have to be as he is no longer an MP and I doubt that the Conservatives are capabale of winning any by elections these days. The story is probably BS but I'd have said that if one came out before Cameron was dredged up.

Don't forget these folks do have an eager customer in Sunak

Added for no good reason at all save it always cheers me up....

Alex

Whoever next - John Major ? :grin:

Ashy

I can't deny that Boris was a popular character and has a track record of winning elections, but he and that indian man are responsible for the conditions we have today. High inflation, high taxes, and an absurd Grünagenda.

Scrumpy

Sunak said he was in touch with Johnson... That doesn't mean he is inviting him back..
Grabbing at straws..   I like Boris.. But... He is a twerp..
I reckon  he could still pull in the voters though ..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..