Could this save the Tories from a total wipeout?

Started by klondike, February 06, 2024, 09:20:45 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Labour Support Among Muslims Drops Sharply Amid Backlash at Keir Starmer's Israel Stance

Labour's support among Muslim voters has dropped by around a third amid anger at Keir Starmer's Israel stance, according to a poll. The Mail has the story.

Research by Survation found that the party was backed by around 86% of Muslims at the last election in 2019.

However, that has seemingly dropped to 60% in a new survey.

The findings will raise fresh concerns in Labour circles about the impact of the raging war in Gaza. Sir Keir repeatedly refused to call for an immediate ceasefire as Israel responded to the Hamas massacre of civilians on October 7th.

The Opposition is facing a crucial test in the Rochdale by-election on February 29th, with George Galloway running against their candidate on a pro-Palestinian platform.

Simon Danczuk, who previously held the seat for Labour, is also standing for Reform U.K.

Survation highlighted that its poll was carried out using a "probability based, telephone-led approach". Owing to the difficulty of polling such groups it was a relatively small sample.

The research found that Labour had 60% support, the Tories 8% and other parties 32%.

That compared to a study from 2021, when people were asked to say how they voted in the 2019 general election. That showed support for Labour at 86%, the Tories on 10% and other parties on 4%. 

https://dailysceptic.org/2024/02/05/labour-support-among-muslims-drops-sharply-amid-backlash-at-keir-starmers-israel-stance/

JBR

I am not surprised.  Sir Kneeler is not the brightest person, is he?
He regularly makes silly mistakes.

Surely, he knows that all muslims support left wing parties.  If he wants to win the next election, he should be singing their praises and offering them everything they want.

Looking at the graph, it is encouraging that more people seem to be avoiding both 'main parties'.
Perhaps one day, Reform will become a 'main party'!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I suspect in this case "others" is independents. They may even win council elections but I don't think they'll have the numbers for  parliamentary seats without enough electoral fraud that it can't just be ignored.

Scrumpy

I doubt the Muslim vote has dropped... It is the only vote they can rely on..
... and there are plenty to go around..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 06, 2024, 12:55:03 PMI doubt the Muslim vote has dropped... It is the only vote they can rely on..
... and there are plenty to go around..
Perhaps it's the white voters who are seeing the light.
Labour becoming a muslim party!

dextrous63

Let's hope that the "other parties" is a big swing to Reform.  I suspect that even the long term Muslim population aren't happy about the level of immigration going on, partly because it makes their lives harder.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on February 06, 2024, 01:08:00 PMLet's hope that the "other parties" is a big swing to Reform.  I suspect that even the long term Muslim population aren't happy about the level of immigration going on, partly because it makes their lives harder.
I suspect that within the long-term muslim population there will be some who welcome this ongoing mass immigration.  
I'm sure that many muslims, especially the professional classes, are an asset to the country, but there will always be those who return to and respect their religious leaders who naturally want a larger flock for their own benefit.

Ashy

I know a few moslems and in the main they prefer to be shopkeepers and taxi drivers, in other words small businesses, although some work for larger businesses. I can't really understand what attracts them to the labour party. Most of their families were let in by conservative governments. I suspect it's the majority of them that doesn't work that prefers the claimants party.

klondike

Looks like the mulsim vote and anti-semitism may have given Labour a kicking from both viewpoints....

Labour meltdown as lead over Tories plummets by 'significant drop' in new poll nightmare

Labour's poll lead has plummeted according to a new poll, with Savanta calling it a response to Sir Keir's "torrid couple of weeks".

Labour's poll lead over the Tories has suffered an enormous blow according to a new survey from respected polling company Savanta.

According to the new data, Labour's lead over the Conservatives has suffered a collapse of seven percent, largely thanks to Labour's vote share falling by five percent in a fortnight.

The Conservatives see a 2 percent rise to 29 percent, while Reform UK fell by one percent to 8 points.

Chris Hopkins, Savanta's Political Research Director, described the results as a "significant drop" in Labour's support

He added it "may well be in response to a torrid couple of weeks for Keir Starmer's party, and part of a wider trend. It may also be something else entirely, and I'd caution people not to read too much into one poll - yet".

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1866453/Labour-poll-Tories-lead-drop-Gaza-green-U-turn

That Rochdale by election will be interesting.

Alex

Muhammad Jalal is a lecturer in Politics, I have no idea where he lectures, but he founded an organisation called
The Thinking Muslim.  Anyway I came across him by chance and this is what he has to say...

"Muslims need to chart an independent path in politics and not crave the attention of established parties"

"We have identified 86 constituencies in England and Wales where the Muslim vote can decisively shift the seat. Most of these are Labour seats, and some are Labour targets. In many, an independent can win; in others, we can undermine Labour. We must be organised and focused."

klondike

I was thinking with their % of the population they can't win seats but I can see how I'm wrong. Its the LibDem effect. They live in distinct areas and in those areas they can command a majority. 

The fact that they want to form parties based on their religion shows that there is no integration and I suspect that there never will be. This is the stuff that civil wars arise from. 

JBR

Quote from: Alex on February 14, 2024, 09:47:29 AMMuhammad Jalal is a lecturer in Politics, I have no idea where he lectures, but he founded an organisation called
The Thinking Muslim.  Anyway I came across him by chance and this is what he has to say...

"Muslims need to chart an independent path in politics and not crave the attention of established parties"

"We have identified 86 constituencies in England and Wales where the Muslim vote can decisively shift the seat. Most of these are Labour seats, and some are Labour targets. In many, an independent can win; in others, we can undermine Labour. We must be organised and focused."

Jalal is speaking very sensibly.  He, and I'm sure many others of his ilk, would like to expand their influence on this country as their numbers increase exponentially.  The logical step is to create and advertise a Muslim political party which should attract most of those who do have the vote.  Mr Flip-Flop will, of course, increase that number when his party (so the polls say) forms the next government and freely hands out citizenships.

When you consider the 'two main contenders' for the next government, Mr Flip-Flop keeps changing his mind depending on which way the wind blows, and Mr Wishy-Washy has absolutely no idea what to do anyway, so realistically neither seems to be very attractive.

For those of that particular leaning, the new Muslim Party seems to be the ideal choice and its following will, of course, grow steadily year on year.

Ashy

I don't think it matters very much which rosette they were wearing to get elected. When there is enough of them they will join together and take over.

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on February 14, 2024, 11:21:47 AMI don't think it matters very much which rosette they were wearing to get elected. When there is enough of them they will join together and take over.
That raises another question.  What colour would the Muslim party adopt for theirs?

Ashy

Green and/or black.

The thing is, like career politicians, they simply join the party that is most likely to get them elected. They tend to live in city constituencies, so what may be 10% of the population as a whole is 80 to 100% in specific constituencies. Many of these are considered as "safe seats", so until the British people wake up, their election is pretty much guaranteed.