Glenda Jackson, RIP

Started by Michael Rolls, June 15, 2023, 12:15:58 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Retired actress and former MP, Glenda Jackson has died aged 87. A staunch Labour supporter from the age of 16, she won the Hampstead and Highgate seat at the 1992 GE. As a figure probably better known than many candidates, she attracted a fair amount of media attention, including interviewing passers by in the constituency. One comment will always live with me. Upon being asked what he thought of her as a candidate the answer (I'm sure it would never have been aired in this day and age) responded ''Oh, I don't give 'er no mind - I've seen 'er wif 'er kit orf'
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Couldn't stand the woman 'pointy elbows' vitriol over Thatcher did her for me. Should have stuck to acting, or at least on the other stage that is.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

I don't really recall much of her but the name does stir some negative feeling. Still mustn't wish ill of the dead,

June 15, 2023, 02:18:11 PM
Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 15, 2023, 12:15:58 PMI've seen 'er wif 'er kit orf'
I hadn't so far as I recall and wondered where he had.  Probably in the cinema where she was in the buff in bed with Olly Reed in the 1969 film Women in Love. May have been other opportunities I suppose.

Michael Rolls

I presume that's what he meant!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

The only time I remember when I enjoyed watching her was when she was in a Morecambe & Wise spoof.  They were so good at sending people up who otherwise took themselves seriously.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

I can't remember why I didn't like her, but RIP Glenda

Ashy

"All men are fools and what makes them so is having beauty like what I have got."

GrannyMac

Quote from: Ashy on June 15, 2023, 07:12:47 PM"All men are fools and what makes them so is having beauty like what I have got."

As written by Ernie Wise in one of the 'plays what I have wrote'!  😂😅
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖