What's happened in Nottingham ?

Started by Alex, June 13, 2023, 09:35:38 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Don't care if he had a job or not. String the scum up is my preferred option
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on June 14, 2023, 10:37:20 AMI disagree.  Once his guilt was proved, he should have been hanged.  Several advantages:

- complete removal of a dangerous and worthless individual;
- a period of fear for the assailant as his eventful day approached nearer and nearer;
- a deterrent to others who would otherwise be looking forward to free accommodation in an HMP;
- a feeling of resolution to relatives and friends of those murdered, and the public in general.
Predictably, many will say, I'll second that.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Diasi on June 14, 2023, 09:22:52 AMThe problem is that all the immigrant apologists bang on about it only being a minority that commit these offences.

A bit like saying that Russian Roulette is safe as it's only one chamber out of six that has a bullet.

Well the three who have died & the three who are seriously injured are losers in what can be called Immigrant Roulette.
I'd like to hear those apologists explain to the public the positive aspects of these illegal arrivers.  I think even moderate people are now genuinely worried about all these unknown men who keep landing here. 

No one in politics seems to be willing to tackle the HR lawyers, or the ECHR.  Why can't the navy set up a flotilla to support the dinghies back from whence they came? Asylum claims seem to being less stringently scrutinised too, (Albanians ffs!) another concern.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 14, 2023, 03:20:38 PMffs!
Tsk. tsk. Was it me that corrupted you or can this bunch do that all by themselves?

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 14, 2023, 03:20:38 PMI'd like to hear those apologists explain to the public the positive aspects of these illegal arrivers.  I think even moderate people are now genuinely worried about all these unknown men who keep landing here. 

No one in politics seems to be willing to tackle the HR lawyers, or the ECHR.  Why can't the navy set up a flotilla to support the dinghies back from whence they came? Asylum claims seem to being less stringently scrutinised too, (Albanians ffs!) another concern.
I agree that they should do that.
Our 'friends', the French, of course would object and send their warships to stand up to ours.
(Yes, difficult to believe I know, as the French have never been particularly brave when faced with a force equal to theirs!)

We could, however, easily turn the boats around and not allow them into our sovereign waters.
If the French do the same, I couldn't care less, although on the other hand, they would be as open to international criticism as would we.
Both they and we would be equally at fault at causing the death of the invaders in mid-Channel.
Do I care?  I do not, and it would certainly deter more of the illegals from trying it!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

The problem with the channel is that it is so narrow there isn't any international water between ours and theirs. Maybe we should each give up 100yards or meters for our French friends and allies (garlic munchers) and confine any dinghy boys indefinitely in that strip of water. 

Michael Rolls

Only recently. Territorial waters used to be three miles from shore, the effect range of cannon shot back then
BRING BACK THE BLOODY CANNONS!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]