Rishi Sunak Resigns

Started by hugh, July 05, 2022, 06:33:05 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

I was furious at Gove stabbing Boris in the back with the result that we were saddled with Teresa May - and I see Gove is at it again, but this time with far more justification. Big problem is that I can't see who is a suitable replacement.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on July 06, 2022, 04:48:12 PMI was furious at Gove stabbing Boris in the back with the result that we were saddled with Teresa May - and I see Gove is at it again, but this time with far more justification. Big problem is that I can't see who is a suitable replacement.
Mike

David Frost, David Davis, Jacob Rees-Mogg. I think the first named is the choice after next and David Davis as a sort of one term holding leader.

All the other 'flyers' Truss, Wallace, Hunt etc are Remainers, no good in Red Wall land, they've already had two liars in May and Johnson.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

God forbid we get a bloody 'Remainer'.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 06, 2022, 04:38:52 PMCassandra .. You have a lovely way with words..

I don't feel anything for Boris anymore.. He is becoming a bore.. He is pushing the top job into the hands of the Opposition.. God forbid we end up with a Labour government.. Especially with Tony Blair sniffing around..
What we need is a snap General Election which gives us a majority Labour Government.

Then after a couple of weeks we'll have:

Dual fuel energy bills capped at £50 per month.

Petrol at 45p a litre.

State Pension minimum weekly rate of £450.

Income tax at 2p in the £

VAT scrapped.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

hugh

I guess its over and out for Boris, but who can take his place ? The only reason I will vote for conservative party again because we have an excellent MP.
Happy Golfer

Flying Bomb

BJ now refuses to go. Trump mark2

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Cassandra on July 06, 2022, 05:01:01 PMDavid Frost, David Davis, Jacob Rees-Mogg. I think the first named is the choice after next and David Davis as a sort of one term holding leader.

I'd be happy with any of those three - but I doubt that they have a cat in hell's chance  - Davis Davis and JRM are to much like real Conservatives to be popular in the current party dominated by woke remainers, whilst Frost would need to bye-election to be eligible in current thinking - but I'd love to be proved wrong
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: hugh on July 06, 2022, 06:07:17 AMI believe Boris had a replacement ready and waiting to replace Rishi. Order of the day will be to cut taxes and sort out the cost of living. Boris really is a fighter and will remain  He is safe for 6 month I believe 

Quote from: hugh on July 06, 2022, 08:29:25 PMI guess its over and out for Boris, but who can take his place ? The only reason I will vote for conservative party again because we have an excellent MP.

Now that's nearer to a handbrake turn than a U turn Hugh. Have you considered standing for PM yourself?  :grin:

GrannyMac

Quote from: Diasi on July 06, 2022, 07:23:16 PMWhat we need is a snap General Election which gives us a majority Labour Government.

Petrol at 45p a litre.

VAT scrapped.

Ooh, can't wait! 😉

July 07, 2022, 09:01:35 AM
It won't affect many of us, but the NI threshold has gone up considerably.  That will help some of the lowest paid workers. I'm OK with that.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on July 06, 2022, 07:23:16 PMWhat we need is a snap General Election which gives us a majority Labour Government.

Petrol at 45p a litre.

VAT scrapped.

You forgot, student fees scrapped, income tax threshold raised to £20k, PIP payments raised to whatever your happy with in yourself and the Durham Police chief knighted twice.

Alex

Can this be correct  ?

Rishi's wife took taxpayer's money during the pandemic to furlough staff for a company that doesn't pay tax in the UK whilst she was a non-dom non UK tax payer?

Jacqueline

If so Alex this should scupper his plans for the leadership.  Don't like him anyway, backstabbing little worm.

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on July 09, 2022, 01:46:20 PMYou forgot, student fees scrapped, income tax threshold raised to £20k, PIP payments raised to whatever your happy with in yourself and the Durham Police chief knighted twice.

Thanks Cassandra, I'd completely forgotten those.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on July 09, 2022, 03:01:28 PMCan this be correct  ?

Rishi's wife took taxpayer's money during the pandemic to furlough staff for a company that doesn't pay tax in the UK whilst she was a non-dom non UK tax payer?

Goodness, Gracious, Me - rub a dub dub!