So is PF fixed?

Started by klondike, December 30, 2021, 07:52:04 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on December 31, 2021, 01:10:07 PM
To be honest, leaving the mechanics aside, I am very disappointed in Chris' behaviour, which seems both petulant and childish. Any thread containing honest comment or question is promptly locked. I asked him who had been poached - no answer. I emailed him at length explain my misgivings - no answer.
To be honest, if it wasn't because I enjoy the non-Chris dominated threads, I would be long gone
Mike

That makes two of us.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Some of you have seen my comments on PF in support of klondike.  Lack of communication from Chris is what led to klondike doing something for our benefit. To then decide it was a takeover was very disappointing IMO.

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

I saw your comments.. At least you tried to get the truth out there..
Unfortunately Chris is very blinkered in the way he sees this BACK UP forum.. He won't budge . Which is very sad because I think it now cannot be mended.. Too many things have been said..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Yep. Chris has created a breakaway forum all on his own. There is no way I'd retun to PF proper now so there will be two places pensioners can meet up. He sees it as poaching and competition I just see this as an annex although in time I like to see some new posters came along from outside PF too now. Every forum has departees so if it isn't going to die off it needs newcomers too.

There was a new id registered today peterv6153. No posts though. I checked and it looks like a normal UK resident on a UK ISP connection but tbh I'm always a bit wary of nonsensical numbers in an id. Says the bloke who once redistered as fortyone  :smiley:

Raven

Quote from: klondike on December 31, 2021, 08:24:35 PM
There was a new id registered today peterv6153. No posts though. I checked and it looks like a normal UK resident on a UK ISP connection but tbh I'm always a bit wary of nonsensical numbers in an I'd.

I too would like to see some fresh blood, :embarrassed: Errrrr I mean new active members.  :embarrassed: But not lurkers, they are a pet hate of mine.

Alex

Me too, as long as they're not ex Grumpy Old Men  :grin:

Scrumpy

Oh, I don't know.. Some ex/serving GOM members could be fun..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

AND, on the other hand, they could destroy the forum.  :nooo:

klondike

We already have at least one ladies. The genius who came up with the term weapons grade prat. I for one am honoured to be in such company.

Alex

I'm awful with names is it 1955  ? seems like a nice boy  :grin: :grin:

klondike

Quote from: 1955vintage on December 31, 2021, 09:10:14 AM
It is amusing to hear Scatico moaning about being on delayed posting.

I confess it was I who posts as whostolemyhair on the other forum, and christened the Deep WGP. Industrial strength pillock did not do him justice.

I have it in the back of my head that TREBOR may have said he came from there too. Sciatco didn't he got chucked out. GOM looks to be failing and just because the Deep turned out to be an arse doesn't mean others will be. How would you like a forum to be dubious about you because BigLouis had joined earlier?

Alex

Big Louis is still here  :cool: : :lipsrsealed:

klondike

Yeah I've seen that theory but I don't buy it.

70% of her posts were about tat she was packing or which courier was collecting some
20% were complaints about "Mrs Gungadin"
Not sure what the other 10% actually were

If BL is still posting how can she suppress the 90% as I haven't noticed any of that old tosh

Allegedly

Does allegedly mean I can't be sued Cass?
Maybe I can't anyway as that is all factual.

1955vintage

Quote1955  ? seems like a nice boy

No, I am not , grumpy old git would be a better description, but I do dislike bullies like Deep and Scatterbrain.

Trebor is an occasional visitor to GOM but it appears that the forum is dying on the vine. Some excellent posters have passed, and they kept the pillocks like Deep in check.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖