So is PF fixed?

Started by klondike, December 30, 2021, 07:52:04 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

It looks like it may be. No outages since yesterday afternoon. If it can be sorted that quickly why on earth did it take the setup of this forum for Chris to fix it?

Michael Rolls

well, I've accessed it three time so far this morning without trouble, whereas 24 hours ago I was gnashing my teeth (both of them)
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Just tried again - no problem
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

The first post in this thread used to show a live (within a minute anyway) PF status report but I have removed it today Sunday 2nd Jan. It it goes down it used to show in that report. I don't think it is going to. I've been keeping an eye on outages for weeks now but not saving the historical reports until recently. There were no overnight downtimes last night and I think that is a first apart from the 28th which was an unusually good day.

I think the hosting has been upgraded. It must have been with the same vendor as there was no noticeable outage so no DNS propagation delay which I mentioned. They would route to the appropriate server inside their data centre.

Michael Rolls

There has been an outage a little while ago - caught out our photographer friend (can't remember his forum name)
Mike :worried:
[email protected]

Diasi

Well a couple of times today my posts didn't go through although I did remain logged into the forum.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

TBH I think this backup will wither on the vine and things will go pretty much back to normal on PF. Chris may well want to keep it going but without doing any monitoring of performance or what chancers have arrived and what they are up to. Why didn't he get it fixed a month back? The forum was full of complaints about it. Why weren't the dynamic duo binned  off. Check back and you will see that I had their cards marked within days of arrival.

I won't return to PF but that is my choice and I don't expect anybody else to give up on it.

Akbuk

Quote from: klondike on December 30, 2021, 10:34:50 AM
TBH I think this backup will wither on the vine and things will go pretty much back to normal on PF. Chris may well want to keep it going but without doing any monitoring of performance or what chancers have arrived and what they are up to. Why didn't he get it fixed a month back? The forum was full of complaints about it. Why weren't the dynamic duo binned  off. Check back and you will see that I had their cards marked within days of arrival.

I won't return to PF but that is my choice and I don't expect anybody else to give up on it.

It'll be PF loss if you don't return K.
Regards the so called "dynamic duo", I would've thought that a person of your intelligence would be more than capable of handling them......with ease.

klondike

I had no problem. I just put the Jew and Brit hater on ignore so I wasn't tempted to reply.

I did fail when he posted in a thread I'd started and replied. Fortunately he obviously complained to Chris who thoughtfully deleted his post, my reply and a few others making that mistake on my part good.

Regarding Weapons Grade he did have some decent input but sadly mixed it with his sneering attitude. I picked him up on that a number of times. Bit like you try to stop a naughty puppy crapping in the corner. That was unsuccessful to the extent that he complained and Chris rightly deleted my posts as they infringed forum rules. It did work in the end though as Chris clearly got annoyed with the constant interruptions to his navel contemplation or whatever and had to delete my and other folks posts so he put him on pre publication moderation which from my little test means a 5 or 6 hour delay so his input fell right off.

Raven

As you say, Without the sneering attitude he could have been a pretty interesting guy. :wink: I would have liked to hear his stories about the life in the Foreign Services ect, it would certainly have added some colour, bound to have had some funny tales to share as well.  [1140]

Alex

I haven't tried yet today, I come on here first now.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on December 30, 2021, 02:16:51 PM
I haven't tried yet today, I come on here first now.
I always come here first as well.

I still use PFuk but I no longer feel comfortable there.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

1955vintage

I have known the Deep, or DP Dance as he is known, at the other place for some years. He is incapable of telling a story without casting himself as a superior being, so it gets boring very quickly.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on December 30, 2021, 03:44:25 PM
I always come here first as well.

I still use PFuk but I no longer feel comfortable there.

My thoughts excactly ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

hugh

So is the PF fixed, could every one try. If fixed members could really decide what they want to do. Hugh
Happy Golfer