Do you ever wonder....

Started by klondike, December 30, 2021, 05:09:23 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Yes, it's the picture that counts, not the who, the why nor the what. One of the loveliest pictures I have ever seen as taken by a child with a Box Brownie or the like. Wish I still had it - it showed a little girl and a little boy - about 6 years old or so - the little girl had a butterfly perched on her hand, which she was extending towards the little boy, with a look of fascination on both their faces. The poor quality lens rendered the edges of the picture fuzzy and it was dark foliage, giving a vignette effect to the whole thing. Must be 60 years or more ago that I saw it, and I can still visualise it in my mind.
That picture was by chance, of course. It's the eye behind the camera that recognises the picture that counts - what Cartier-Bresson called the decisive moment - like -Oy- recognising the need for an element in that shot, and recognising the sheep as that element.
Mike
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

crabbyob

raven has posted some amazing shots, dont stop hen its not a competition... [1120]

-Oy-

Quote from: crabbyob on January 11, 2022, 11:26:25 AM
raven has posted some amazing shots, dont stop hen its not a competition... [1120]

Absolutely!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."