Do you ever wonder....

Started by klondike, December 30, 2021, 05:09:23 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

... just how much cropping and photoshopping a pro photograper like Mister Oy has to do before publication?

Raven

I don't fuss with my photos, I post them as the are if I feel they're good enough. Well I used to, I can't compete with a pro, so I no longer post any.  :cry:

Alex

Don't stop posting your pics Raven !   :sad:

Raven

To be honest I don't feel they are nearly good enough, not any more.

Alex

Don't be daft ! post them on here instead  :grin:

Raven

I may do, not taken anything worth posting lately. Just the poor dead swans the SSPCA asked me to forward to them. Haven't bothered taking the camera out with me since.

zoony

That there Posh and Ibex.. Matching outfits!.. Whatever next..get-ups fer the kids?

klondike

Keep on posting them Raven whichever forum. Now I do have an excuse no to post mine but you don't. I'm pretty much certain that Mister Oy does it for a living. If not then he is certainly a highly skilled amateur who must devote most of his time to it.

Alex

Didn't he say he was waiting on hearing about a commission for some work or other ?  can't remember details now.

Raven

We are supposed to be going over to watch a Surfing Competition on NYD, weather permitting. I'll take the camera and zoom with me.  :smiley: Will post some on here afterwards.

klondike

Looking forward to seeing them Raven

Scrumpy

Mr_ Oy is a professional and does it for a living.. I certainly don't think he was in competition with anyone.. Raven.. Your pics are up there with the best of them..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

I just wish I had his skill, :rolleyes: his photography is wonderful.  :upvote:

Michael Rolls

He really is good - I used to earn much of my income with my camera - but nowhere near his class
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

-Oy-

Thanks for the kind words all. Yes - I was a pro photographer for the 20 years before I retired back in October. I still do some freelance jobs though.

A thought for you.. "Pro" just means you get paid. Some of the best photographers I know are amateurs - and some of the worst are lazy pros who do just enough to get the fee.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."