Sale of Arms to Israel

Started by Alex, April 04, 2024, 08:40:18 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

UK now breaking international law selling arms to Israel, according to former Supreme Court judges.  This is a 'hang on a minute' moment for me, because in the back of my mind I know we sell arms to Saudi Arabia so what's the difference, isn't Saudi Arabia bombing Yemen ?   :rolleyes:

klondike

Perhaps they think we should be helping Hamas

This is as war. Shit happens. Especially in wars.

The seven aid workers were killed Monday night when their three-vehicle convoy, including two armored cars, was struck after leaving the Deir al-Balah warehouse in central Gaza

Few stories I've seen mention those two facts. Perhaps they consider them irrelevant.

JBR

Antisemitic supreme court judges.
You'd imagine that people in such a senior position would have more common-sense than to so easily succumb to wokery.

A similarly stupid idea doing the rounds now is that the courts should moderate/reduce any sentences handed down to criminals if they are poor or less able to behave themselves.  So pleading poverty to exonerate a conviction for breaking into a jeweller's premises will become the usual thing?
What a brilliant idea to increase the level of crime in this ridiculous country!

What on earth is happening to Britain?  It's as if everybody in authority is determined to assist, in one way or another, the nation's journey around the U-bend.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on April 04, 2024, 09:45:37 AMPerhaps they think we should be helping Hamas

This is as war. Shit happens. Especially in wars.

The seven aid workers were killed Monday night when their three-vehicle convoy, including two armored cars, was struck after leaving the Deir al-Balah warehouse in central Gaza

Few stories I've seen mention those two facts. Perhaps they consider them irrelevant.
The so-called armoured cars were white & merely had strengthened roofs, they weren't camouflaged armoured troop carriers & were travelling at a time & on a route agreed by the IDF.

They all had clearly visible WCK markings on the roofs, which is what the IDF aimed at, & all three separate strikes can't have been accidental.

It was a deliberate targeting of WCK vehicles in an attempt to stop food aid being delivered to the Palestinians who are in the middle of what has already been described as Israeli genocide of the Palestinian civilians.

Israel & the IDF are no better than 1930s Germany & history will judge them accordingly.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Three trucks destroyed. How many allowed through unscathed? Why night?

1955vintage

As much as I abhor the Hamas and their appalling tactics on October 7th,Israel is making it very difficult to support them. The killings of the aid workers was dreadful and they are losing the PR battle with Hamas .
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

JBR

Quote from: 1955vintage on April 04, 2024, 06:20:20 PMAs much as I abhor the Hamas and their appalling tactics on October 7th,Israel is making it very difficult to support them. The killings of the aid workers was dreadful and they are losing the PR battle with Hamas .
Are you assuming that the killing of the aid workers was intentional by the IDF?

1955vintage

No, but it should not have happened. Clumsy rather than deliberate.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

As I said earlier - in a war zone shit happens.

JBR

Quote from: 1955vintage on April 05, 2024, 08:39:29 AMNo, but it should not have happened. Clumsy rather than deliberate.
By the same token, the 7th of October should not have happened.
And that was deliberate.

Cassandra

Quote from: 1955vintage on April 04, 2024, 06:20:20 PMAs much as I abhor the Hamas and their appalling tactics on October 7th,Israel is making it very difficult to support them. The killings of the aid workers was dreadful and they are losing the PR battle with Hamas .

Yes the Globalists, now either own or control most of the Wests media, social or unsocial and people just believe what Swhab's agents publish or broadcast.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

muddy

"It would be insane for Britain to ban arms sales to Israel. The sooner we denounce the idea, the better...We are willing the military defeat of Israel and the victory of Hamas...Hamas only has to survive. All they need at the end is to hang on, rebuild and go again"

Boris Johnson 

Sometimes he gets things right 

JBR

Yes, I'm afraid that the expansion of wokism in this country creates and publicises criticisms of Israel's need to defend itself, they being literally surrounded by religious enemies.

I sometimes wonder whether the intelligent people of this country will ever manage to restore the pride we once had in our nation, because the way things are going we are heading for third-world status.  I sometimes try to imagine what the people who encourage it will feel when they successfully achieve that.

muddy

There are always   numerous examples of similar accidents in war zones. 
If we stopped selling arms to every military that has accidentally killed civilians, we would stop selling arms to every single military and, in fact, stop manufacturing or buying arms for OUR OWN military, which has repeatedly killed civilians by mistake.

Why doesn't someone tell that unelected prat Cameron to shut up ?

muddy

I can't believe I am agreeing with Boris twice in a day 

We are being asked to shun the Israelis, to mount a total moral repudiation of Israel — when that country has only recently suffered the biggest and most horrifying massacre of Jewish people since World War II; and when 130 hostages, including, for heaven's sake, a baby, are being kept in dungeons in Gaza by their jihadi captors; and when the release of those hostages, it cannot be stated too often, would mean the immediate withdrawal of the Israeli Defense Forces and the end of the conflict."