Soft on Criminals

Started by JBR, April 01, 2024, 10:50:13 AM

« previous - next »

JBR

Soft on Criminals.  The latest idea of this hopelessly useless government.

On GB News this morning - probably not reported on most other TV news channels and certainly not the BBC.
They are proposing to have the courts issue more lenient sentences on criminals who come from 'difficult' or 'disadvantaged' backgrounds, and avoid prison sentences for such people.

The Lib-Con government do have some bright ideas.  I can't wait to see what happens now.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

It's their way of getting around their failure to provide enough prison places in line with the increasing population.

Alex

I watched a film last night called Congo about two Norwegian men who were kept in prison in the Congo for years.  Now if our prisons were the same as over there, perhaps we'd have fewer criminals ?

Mups

Quote from: Alex on April 01, 2024, 01:46:23 PMI watched a film last night called Congo about two Norwegian men who were kept in prison in the Congo for years.  Now if our prisons were the same as over there, perhaps we'd have fewer criminals ?
Trouble is,  our present prisons are bursting at the seams.
They can't keep putting them away if there is nowhere to put 'em.

A lot of the immigrants seem to be criminals too,  so that is making the situation even worse.

Personally,  if they want to come here and commit violence and rape,  I don't think we should look after them,  I think they should be sent back to their own land and let them feed and clothe them there.
We've got more than enough of our own criminals to sort out.

Alex

Quote from: Mups on April 01, 2024, 03:09:14 PMTrouble is,  our present prisons are bursting at the seams.
They can't keep putting them away if there is nowhere to put 'em.

In the Congo jails they were 6+ to a cell, no tellies or games rooms either

JBR

Quote from: Alex on April 01, 2024, 04:12:14 PMIn the Congo jails they were 6+ to a cell, no tellies or games rooms either
Exactly why we have this ongoing problem.

- The prisons we have are far too soft on criminals.  Victorian standards and methods would soon sort that out.
- We have far too many people in this country now, especially those here illegally - and no compulsory IDs.
- We have far too few police to deal with crime, and those we do have seem to be woke and weak.
- If the above three problems were addressed, we would not need to build new prisons!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire