US Illegal Migration

Started by Alex, September 26, 2023, 04:48:05 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

The US has it much worse than we do.   It's a big country yes, but New York has had enough with the citizens of Staten Island taking to the streets to block migrant buses.   The police have arrested some residents, but of course the buses get through.   Looking at the video clips and reading about the people arriving at the Mexican border I'd just ask how are the African illegals getting to the border ? it's certainly too far for a dinghy  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Do they fly into Mexico then just walk across the border, mixing in with those from Guatemala, Honduras and such places   ?  [1150]

klondike

Quote from: Alex on September 26, 2023, 04:48:05 PMI'd just ask how are the African illegals getting to the border ? it's certainly too far for a dinghy 
I think for some at least Europeans took their ancestors over free two or three hundred years back.

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

I saw something on the tv a few weeks back.. NewYork was overrun with illegal immigrants sleeping on the street.. Nowhere to go.. They were not housed in hotels...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

They clearly forgot the magic words "I wish to seek asylum". Or the yanks sensibly cocked a deaf 'un. It's only this island of fools that makes them more than welcome.

JBR

America should now build Trump's all (a large fence, actually).

We, at least are an island, yet we still welcome all and sundry to our country.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

WW2 when Churchill said 'We shall fight them on the beaches'.. The British were so proud to quote this.. We would defend our country and never surrender...
 Can you imagine if Sunak.. Johnson and the rest were running this country back then.. ?   No backbones .. Scared to do anything 'Lest they offend'..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 27, 2023, 03:28:15 PMWW2 when Churchill said 'We shall fight them on the beaches'.. The British were so proud to quote this.. We would defend our country and never surrender...
 Can you imagine if Sunak.. Johnson and the rest were running this country back then.. ?  No backbones .. Scared to do anything 'Lest they offend'..

Interesting, isn't it.  We'd be under the Third Reich now.
There would be no people escaping from France in rubber dinghies, though, and absolutely no-one invading from the third-world!

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on September 27, 2023, 08:27:17 PMInteresting, isn't it.  We'd be under the Third Reich now.
There would be no people escaping from France in rubber dinghies, though, and absolutely no-one invading from the third-world!

On balance, looking at things today, I've long thought it wouldn't have been a bad thing.

Both Churchill & Bomber Harris are now being vilified for what were rousing speeches at the time.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: GrannyMac on September 26, 2023, 06:02:53 PMWas Trump right about a wall?

I think yes, but the democrats would pull it down every four years or so!

I'm glad to be 1700 miles from the Southern border, so even at the expansive speed of the invasion at my age I think I'm safe. Hopefully a change of both President and Party next year would staunch this very worrying position.

Long term I fear the world is doomed any way.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on September 27, 2023, 10:05:25 PMI think yes, but the democrats would pull it down every four years or so!

I'm glad to be 1700 miles from the Southern border, so even at the expansive speed of the invasion at my age I think I'm safe. Hopefully a change of both President and Party next year would staunch this very worrying position.

Long term I fear the world is doomed any way.
Muslims have been told in their religious writings to take over the world.

Unlike some other religions, islam is expanding and showing no signs of modernising its rules, whereas most other religions are.
As it is not considered illegal in most modern western countries, they are definitely on a winner.

Cassandra

'We will win the earth, through the wombs of our women' - Saddam Hussein Abd al-Majid al-Tikriti
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...