Government to take control of Birmingham

Started by Ashy, September 19, 2023, 04:00:26 PM

« previous - next »

Ashy

Government has announced it will take control of Birmingham City Council. That should please some people.

klondike

Not if they tell him to home a couple of dinghy boys  :grin:

Cassandra

Heaven help them, perhaps Rishi will run it personally! As Ronald Reagan said the worse 10 words in the English Language are;

Hello I'm from the Government and I'm here to help!"
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Ashy

As I understand it the council has virtually handed back the keys. They obviously got some financial matters wrong.

Ronald Reagan was right of course, but in this case Brum City Council is the government as much as Michael Gove is. I gather one of the matters they will be looking at is taxi fares.

klondike

If they want the dirt they just need to ask Brian.

Ashy

Brian's solution is for everyone to work until they are 80.

klondike

Except London retirees

Is it true that some Birmingham bin men were working from home 3 days a week?

Cassandra

Quote from: Ashy on September 19, 2023, 04:30:26 PMAs I understand it the council has virtually handed back the keys. They obviously got some financial matters wrong.

Ronald Reagan was right of course, but in this case Brum City Council is the government as much as Michael Gove is. I gather one of the matters they will be looking at is taxi fares.

And the 332 Diversity managers!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

Here's something for Birmingham area people to look forward to !

A new sculpture, believed to be the first of its kind in the world, has been designed to celebrate women who wear hijabs.

The artwork, called Strength of the Hijab, was designed by Luke Perry and will be installed in the Smethwick area of the West Midlands in October.

It is believed to be the first sculpture of a woman wearing the traditional Muslim head covering.

The sculpture is five metres (16ft) tall and weighs about a tonne.

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on September 19, 2023, 04:20:21 PMHeaven help them, perhaps Rishi will run it personally! As Ronald Reagan said the worse 10 words in the English Language are;

Hello I'm from the Government and I'm here to help!"
👍 🤣

September 19, 2023, 07:31:48 PM
Quote from: Alex on September 19, 2023, 06:31:53 PMHere's something for Birmingham area people to look forward to !

A new sculpture, believed to be the first of its kind in the world, has been designed to celebrate women who wear hijabs.

The artwork, called Strength of the Hijab, was designed by Luke Perry and will be installed in the Smethwick area of the West Midlands in October.

It is believed to be the first sculpture of a woman wearing the traditional Muslim head covering.

The sculpture is five metres (16ft) tall and weighs about a tonne.

Well, it had to happen, and as Birmistan is joint leader with Londonistan with regard to muslim proportion of residents, I'm sure that's a 'proportionate' decision.

I wonder which city will come next.  Bradfordistan?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

dextrous63