Nice work if you can get it

Started by Michael Rolls, September 05, 2023, 08:32:36 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

I have to keep checking the calendar - no, it's not the 1st of April. Humza Yousaf, Scotland's First Minister, is looking to introduce a four day working week for public sector employees with a pilot scheme apparently scheduled for the end of the year, although the Telegraph report has no details as to which services the pilot will cover. What next? Will this include the NHS, schools, refuse collection? The same amount of work will need to be covered and the SNP/Green coalition are already facing a £1 billion shortfall in planned expenditure over anticipated income. It's madness
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Perhaps you could be a work from home advisor on something for him?

Ah no sorry you're English and inclusivity only goes so far.

Raven

Well Now I'm not English and neither is our FM, I'd like to advise him daily BUT, he certainly wouldn't like the advice I'd be giving himself.  :nooo:

Michael Rolls

C'est la vie!

September 05, 2023, 08:50:04 AM
Quote from: Raven on September 05, 2023, 08:49:07 AMWell Now I'm not English and neither is our FM, I'd like to advise him daily BUT, he certainly wouldn't like the advice I'd be giving himself.  :nooo:
Good on yer, Raven
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

GrannyMac

If that party was called by a name that didn't include 'Scottish' they'd be finished.  I've been reading about the policy of no exclusions in Scottish schools.  The country once renowned for the quality of its education seems to be losing the plot. Labour's resurgence will be aided by its downfall IMO.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Ashy

Too many of our politicians are taking their policies from a bunch of insane foreign megalomaniacs.

klondike

Several of them are insane foreign megalomaniacs.

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖