Another Example of Broken Britain.

Started by Diasi, September 02, 2023, 07:38:47 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Michael Rolls

only surprised it doesn't happen more often!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Electric cars have no neutral. Regenerative braking/slowing makes them impossible to push. They have to be winched onto a low loader to move them far but I can't see why it couldn't be winched onto the grass island in the picture. There is absolutely no excuse for running out of charge. Constant warnings plus they typically tell you 0 miles left when there are still about 10 miles possible.

Doubtless owned by a merchant banker.

Raven

Blooming things, it will all end in tears. This country is nowhere near ready for them. :sad:

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on September 02, 2023, 10:10:40 AMElectric cars have no neutral. Regenerative braking/slowing makes them impossible to push. They have to be winched onto a low loader to move them far but I can't see why it couldn't be winched onto the grass island in the picture. There is absolutely no excuse for running out of charge. Constant warnings plus they typically tell you 0 miles left when there are still about 10 miles possible.

Doubtless owned by a merchant banker.

A JCB wouldn't have had any trouble shifting it.

Good job it hadn't just pulled out into lane 3 of a motorway.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

The road is a dangerous place at the best of times.. Why produce cars that could (potentially) cause yet more problems..
What about those cars that can drive themselves !!.. Not for me.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 02, 2023, 11:40:54 AMThe road is a dangerous place at the best of times.. Why produce cars that could (potentially) cause yet more problems..
What about those cars that can drive themselves !!.. Not for me..

Eeekkkkk, No way in hell will I get in one of those things.  [1080]  [2110]

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Ashy

"The handbrakes of electric cars, and some other modern cars, are controlled electronically, unlike those of traditional petrol and diesel cars, which are mechanical. This means that the handbrake often locks when the power fails and the car cannot be pushed or towed."

If so it's not a handbrake; be that as it may, does anyone know if it locks two wheels or all four? Some sort of skates might be useful for emergency situations. A couple of skate boards would have solved the problem.

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on September 02, 2023, 06:11:56 PM"The handbrakes of electric cars, and some other modern cars, are controlled electronically, unlike those of traditional petrol and diesel cars, which are mechanical. This means that the handbrake often locks when the power fails and the car cannot be pushed or towed."

If so it's not a handbrake; be that as it may, does anyone know if it locks two wheels or all four? Some sort of skates might be useful for emergency situations. A couple of skate boards would have solved the problem.

I think that many, if not all, new cars have an electronic handbrake.  Ours does anyway (Golf).
I hope that should the power fail, perhaps the battery go flat, it would be possible to push the thing to the side of the road.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

Depends how it works but in heavy vehicles the parking brake is applied by a coil spring and released by compressed air.

Michael Rolls

the Mondeo (2021 plate) has an electronic brake - don't know whether it apples all four brakes or just two, nor what would happen if the battery was flat.
[email protected]

Diasi

I'm afraid I don't understand any of the so-called logic behind the 'new' cars.

Why does a driver need a multi-media screen, I don't even use our car radio & what's wrong with pulling a handbrake lever as at least you know it's on or off.
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Diasi on September 03, 2023, 07:44:05 AMI'm afraid I don't understand any of the so-called logic behind the 'new' cars.

Why does a driver need a multi-media screen, I don't even use our car radio & what's wrong with pulling a handbrake lever as at least you know it's on or off.

Very true often simple is best. I don't use most of the things on my car, just what I need but I do like Radio Scotland on a longer drive, otherwise the cars only noise is the engine, and even that's very quiet for a diesel. 🙂