Bank Closures

Started by Diasi, September 01, 2023, 07:09:34 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Under incoming rule changes banks will have to provide cash services within three miles (an hour's walk) of customers who live in rural areas, and just one mile for those in towns and cities.

As more & more bank branches are being closed why is it ok for a rural dweller to have to walk 3 miles to a cash service when an urban dweller only has to walk one mile?

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

typical of the chattering classes
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

All the banks in my town have gone.. I have to go a couple of miles to my bank..
Fortunately I do my banking online/mobile.. If I need cash I pop to the Co-op.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

my main bank is Lloyds - used to be a branch 2 miles away - then, thanks to the wretched EU, Lloyds had to close all their Scottish branches which were taken over by TSB. Used to be open 5 days a week. Then 4 days, closed Wednesdays then only open on Thursdays - now closed. My nearest Lloyds branch is in Carlisle, about 200 miles away. Thankfully I can get cash from an ATM in the newsagents, but it is an irritation not to be able to get coins, only £10 and £20 notes. Every other Thursday morning a Bank of Scotland mobile bank is a couple of miles away and every now and then I get them to give me coins for a tenner.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]