Entitled Disabled Prat.

Started by Diasi, August 24, 2023, 04:23:27 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

Sure she was parked a wee bit squint but I don't think she deserved some eager beaver slapping her with a ticket. If that had happened here, the Warden would have waited around for the driver to return and given them a bit of a dressing down.
Some of these Wardens are IMO pure nasty wee Hitlers.

klondike

Well she parked badly and he's a jobsworth. I doubt she'll win any court case but who knows. I'd just have paid the ticket and put it down to experience.

Scrumpy

I would have just paid the ticket.. She was wrong.. If everyone parked outside the lines indicated the last car parked wouldn't fit in the bay provided.. 
Age shouldn't come into it.. Whatever age, a driver should be able to park as indicated.. 
Disabled spaces have plenty of room..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I've had dealings with one of these parking companies.  I appealed and sent photos showing their sign was partly covered by a tree  :grin:  :grin:  It was in an Aldi car park which had previously been free to park. I got away with it, but it was a genuine mistake .

This lady obviously doesn't look at her vehicle once she's parked.   It's a good idea to, because there are lots of ' jobs worth' types about.  Some kind, rich soul will come forward and pay it for her and I bet she checks next time !

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 24, 2023, 05:42:35 PMI would have just paid the ticket.. She was wrong.. If everyone parked outside the lines indicated the last car parked wouldn't fit in the bay provided..

I love the way that people paid to do a job & do the job are called jobsworths for doing that they're paid to do.

However, in this case the jobsworth is a camera & the ticket was issued on the basis of the photo.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

I don't know about down south but if you get a ticket here and pay it within a certain time it's halved, so yes I would have paid it and learned my lesson. BUT I'm a careful parker so I wouldn't have parked squint and I always check I'm in the box before I leave the car.  :halo: But I still think some Wardens give out tickets when they don't need to and a warning would do.

Michael Rolls

that's ridiculous. She isn't causing anybody any inconvenience and as she said £100 for about an inch!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Raven on August 25, 2023, 06:05:08 AMI don't know about down south but if you get a ticket here and pay it within a certain time it's halved, so yes I would have paid it and learned my lesson. BUT I'm a careful parker so I wouldn't have parked squint and I always check I'm in the box before I leave the car.  :halo: But I still think some Wardens give out tickets when they don't need to and a warning would do.
Depends on whether its council or private parking sometimes. I had a similar issue to Alex, the private parking at the local co-op was time limited to three hours. The shop  changed to B&M who reduced it to two, but who knew at first. They caught lots of us out, but I got mine squashed, due to their deliberate act of not making the change clear.

I'm very careful re the times and lines in those sorts of car parks. 😕
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on August 25, 2023, 07:08:09 AMthat's ridiculous. She isn't causing anybody any inconvenience and as she said £100 for about an inch!
In our local car parks the signage states quite clearly that cars MUST be parked within the lines of the bays.

Simple as that, but we live in a society where some people think the rules don't apply to them.

Also, taking parallax into account, the rear of her car, as shown in the photo, was at least a foot into the next bay.
[email protected]

klondike

Being picky it's well over an inch. The rear wheel is completely on the hatching. As you say though it causes no obstruction. A violation and no point arguing the fine but the warden could probably have used some discretion .

Scrumpy

Quote from: Michael Rolls on August 25, 2023, 07:08:09 AMthat's ridiculous. She isn't causing anybody any inconvenience and as she said £100 for about an inch!

'100pounds for about an inch'
I know what an inch looks like !!! .. and that is MORE than an inch..
Silly woman.. Using her age and disability as a reason to park how she wishes..

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on August 25, 2023, 07:52:39 AMBeing picky it's well-versed an inch. The rear wheel is complete on the hatching. As you say though it causes no obstruction. A violation and no point arguing the fine but the warden could probably have used some discretion .
The woman's story doesn't ring true about her finding a ticket on her car, there certainly isn't one in the photo & in our area the CCTV monitored car parks don't have wardens.

The car parks with wardens don't have CCTV.

The whole process is automated.
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on August 25, 2023, 07:52:39 AMBeing picky it's well over an inch. The rear wheel is completely on the hatching. As you say though it causes no obstruction. A violation and no point arguing the fine but the warden could probably have used some discretion .
The camera is the 'boss' here.. not a warden..

August 25, 2023, 08:00:48 AM

Just a lot of silly publicity..

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on August 25, 2023, 07:57:02 AMThe woman's story doesn't ring true about her finding a ticket on her car, there certainly isn't one in the photo & in our area the CCTV monitored car parks don't have wardens.

The car parks with wardens don't have CCTV.

The whole process is automated.
The photo is the proof of offence. Presumably taken by the warden before issuing the ticket and sent with the notice of a fine. It says so on it.