Indian Space Programme

Started by Diasi, August 23, 2023, 06:43:44 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Congratulations to India for the first space module landing on the South Pole.

Now get your Foreign Aid begging bowl & piss off as you obviously don't need it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

:grin: :grin: :grin:

One up on the Russians who were trying to beat them to it...

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on August 23, 2023, 07:02:01 PM:grin: :grin: :grin:

One up on the Russians who were trying to beat them to it...

Maybe we should send India's Foreign Aid to Russia.  :grin:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I think we are sending them 155mm rounds through a third party. They just need to catch them.

Oh - and some air launch cruise missiles. They can't catch them either.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on August 23, 2023, 07:24:07 PMI think we are sending them 155mm rounds through a third party. They just need to catch them.
:upvote: :grin: :grin: :grin:
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on August 23, 2023, 07:24:07 PMI think we are sending them 155mm rounds through a third party. They just need to catch them.

Oh - and some air launch cruise missiles. They can't catch them either.
😁😁
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

It was a 60 milllion dollar ticket, how much did we contribute to that ?  THey should at least bring us back a souvenir , stick of rock maybe ?

Foreign Aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country.

Some US politician whose name escapes me now.....

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on August 23, 2023, 06:43:44 PMCongratulations to India for the first space module landing on the South Pole.

Now get your Foreign Aid begging bowl & piss off as you obviously don't need it.
Well said.

India is on the up.  The UK is on the down.
Something suggests itself to me: emigrate to India.

Seriously, we've been on holiday to India and, excepting some parts in the east, it seems to be quite a civilised place.  If there are any muslims, they are in the minority.
In addition, it seems to have a better health service than the way the NHS is going!

Yes, it is overpopulated, at least in the cities, but I reckon in could be a nice place to live if we make the right choice of where to live.

Of course, we are a bit too old to think about that now.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: JBR on August 23, 2023, 09:20:43 PMIf there are any muslims, they are in the minority.
When it was divided into India and Pakistan at the end of the Raj Pakistan was the bit where most were muslim. At least I think that was so.

Michael Rolls

yes,, that's right and in some of the disputed areas they were busy slaughtering each other in the thousands
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

one of the problems was that there were large Muslim majorities in tow disparate areas to the north of the sub-continent, so they became East and West Pakistan in 1947, with a huge tract of India separating the two. In 1972 East Pakistan became Bangladesh
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Yet the disparate groups from the sub continent get on so well here  :rolleyes:

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on August 24, 2023, 05:01:22 AMone of the problems was that there were large Muslim majorities in tow disparate areas to the north of the sub-continent, so they became East and West Pakistan in 1947, with a huge tract of India separating the two. In 1972 East Pakistan became Bangladesh
Yes.  I believe quite correctly, the British government decided to separate India into two independent countries, their borders and locations being based on majority numbers of two opposing religions.

I wonder how things would have gone if they'd just left them to sort themselves out.  Simply state that we're leaving, and you should decide yourselves how to split your country.

August 24, 2023, 10:07:56 AM
Quote from: klondike on August 24, 2023, 09:17:17 AMYet the disparate groups from the sub continent get on so well here  :rolleyes:
Perhaps they do, at least on the surface, but I suppose that they still recognise that this is not their own country...

yet.
Give it time.

Perhaps we should invite in more Hindus and Sikhs, and fewer muslims, just to even up the balance?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Quote from: klondike on August 24, 2023, 09:17:17 AMYet the disparate groups from the sub continent get on so well here  :rolleyes:

Your right, Leicester in particular is very harmonious :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

klondike

That was the place I was thinking about...