Do You Have a DNR on Your Records?

Started by Raven, May 16, 2023, 04:11:33 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

More to the point......Do you even know if you do? :shocked:

I got quite upset on reading this News article, and I intend to find out if any Doctor has put one on my records. If they have then they had better get it removed.......Pronto. :waiting:
If I were terminally ill it could stay but there would be several conditions attached.
This man died needlessly because of a DNR and it's scary to think who else could go like this, because things were not clear.

BBC News - Do not resuscitate: Man choked to death after paramedics stood down
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65597888

klondike

Guaranteed that it will be Mr. Nobody to blame. I doubt that there is one on my records but if there is and is used I won't be complaining will I?

Jacqueline

Need to check this out, we have both had serious conditions and thankfully now in reasonable health but what might be lurking on those records?

Raven

Exactly Jacqueline, I have been in hospital several times over the last ten years. But I never looked at the notes hanging at the bottom of my bed. I will be making enquiries though as I have to go back to Ninewells hospital in a couple of months for a check up with my surgeon.

Michael Rolls

back in 2015 Veronica was very ill and spent 8 weeks in Ninewells. I was shocked to find that her notes said DNR - no idea how it got to be there and had it removed pronto. She lasted another two and a half years and there was never a question of DNR being relevant
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: klondike on May 16, 2023, 05:27:36 PMGuaranteed that it will be Mr. Nobody to blame. I doubt that there is one on my records but if there is and is used I won't be complaining will I?

No you certainly won't, but your loved ones might have to.

klondike

Diasi

Apparently my wife did & it was decided by the hospital who told me that she wouldn't be resuscitated.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: klondike on May 17, 2023, 08:22:19 AMIf they even find out...

If you died unexpected in hospital then surely questions would be asked? I know my family would be wanting answers especially my daughter, she's a wee terrier when she wants to know something as several people in authority have found out.

dextrous63

Do you think that convicted criminals ought to have DNR on their records as a mandatory part of their sentence?

Scrumpy

Quote from: dextrous63 on May 17, 2023, 11:49:31 AMDo you think that convicted criminals ought to have DNR on their records as a mandatory part of their sentence?
I do.. 
Also politicians that have 'cooked' the books.. Lied for their own benefit.
Husbands who are 'Zippers'..  Their Zips are up and down like a yoyo..
Humans who are cruel to animals.
People who do NOT want to work and milk the system.. They are no loss..
Child abusers..
 The list goes on and on.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

1955vintage

The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off