30 years younger..!!

Started by Scrumpy, April 12, 2022, 12:52:31 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Researchers at Cambridge are saying that people (eventually) could turn the clock back by 30 years..

Any thoughts who would be first in the queue.. ?

Maybe Mick Jagger.. !
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

30 wouldn't be enough for poor old Mick I fear.

Michael Rolls

30 years younger? I'd take that - Veronica would still be with me (provided it worked for both of us)
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Unfortunately Michael it's not back in time..
It is the way we look..

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

GrannyMac

I think many older people look younger than their parents and grandparents did at the same age. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

My parents had a damned sight harder life than I have so far which may go some way towards accounting for that.

Raven

I remember my grandparents always looking old and they seemed to be dressed in clothes that were old fashioned for the time. Didn't help the way they looked.
I haven't given into age, my hair though no longer Raven is still waist length and done in different styles. My clothes are comfy but fashionable, I try to keep exercising and I don't think I look anything like my age.

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on April 13, 2022, 08:20:17 PM
My parents had a damned sight harder life than I have so far which may go some way towards accounting for that.

I agree.  Some had lives of hard toil.  My granny had seven kids, not a particularly large brood before WWI.  No wonder the women were tired out!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Very true - my mum was the eldest of eight children
Mike
[email protected]

Scrumpy

My mum had lovely skin.. and always coloured her hair.. I remember  that she had some lippy.. and a bit of rouge...However the clothes of the day were dull and dark in colour..
Neighbours would talk over the fence/gate and I remember that most wore an apron and no make-up.. and many women wore a hat..

Raven..' I don't look anything like my age'..

I think we all believe that.. and see friends we grew up with as much older..
Someone once said to me.. 
'We don't see ourselves as others see us'.. Much truth in those words..

1955vintage

I am now older than any of my grandparents. They had very tough lives . One grandmother lost her husband when carrying the ninth child, Mum was No. 8. My other grandfather was a furnaceman in a glass works. Dad's mum made it to 65 , none of the others did.

I have always been intensely proud of them and wish they could have had a longer life, but they were happy and proud of their children and grandchildren.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Scrumpy

I don't hear Alex saying a thing ...
Perhaps the Anti Aging face mask is cracking a bit.. :wink:

zoony

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 14, 2022, 09:10:38 AM

My mum had lovely skin.. and always coloured her hair.. I remember  that she had some lippy.. and a bit of rouge...However the clothes of the day were dull and dark in colour..
Neighbours would talk over the fence/gate and I remember that most wore an apron and no make-up.. and many women wore a hat..

Raven..' I don't look anything like my age'..

I think we all believe that.. and see friends we grew up with as much older..
Someone once said to me.. 
'We don't see ourselves as others see us'.. Much truth in those words..

It's the final line from a Burns poem called To A Louse, Scrumpy.. 'O wad some pow'r the giftie gi' us, to see ourselves as others see us..'.Often quoted. :grin:

Scrumpy

Zoony.. I have a feeling that it was you that I heard it from..