Boris Johnson

Started by Alex, January 14, 2022, 08:22:07 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

There is clearly a mass media assault on Boris, but who is behind it and what's the reason  :hmm:  All this happened months ago, so why the drip feed now ?
Maybe it's the Chinese, Labour Party, a disgruntled civil service, Remainers, EU, BBC, Soros.  Who took the photos ?  This whole attempted 'coup' needs investigating, more than the so called parties do.

klondike

Or maybe the bloke who had to drive to Barnard Castle to check his eyesight during the first lockdown one Dominic Cummings dishing the dirt in revenge for their parting?

The actual offences are trivial but commiting them having been responsible for the regulations and then lying to try to cover them up is not the way I'd expect a PM to behave.

klondike

I think you added that prat Adonis while I was typoing  :smiley:

Brexit is a done deal. Any replacement PM trying to reverse it would be comitting political suicide IMO.

Alex

I dunno klondike the "Rejoiners" are massing as we speak.   :grin:

Sorry I should have put this in Politics  :nooo:

zoony

I'd expect some final push cos they've not gone away and are still convinced that they're right..

Mark

The Battle of the Bulge only hastened the end of WW2....

Alex

I've heard of the Battle of the Bulge but tbh don't know much about it.  Boris could do with some reinforcements, but he's surrounded himself with the wrong people  (or so I've read)  ! 

Jacqueline

Quote from: Alex on January 15, 2022, 11:08:55 AM
I've heard of the Battle of the Bulge but tbh don't know much about it.  Boris could do with some reinforcements, but he's surrounded himself with the wrong people  (or so I've read)  !

Most of them are the wrong people, if parliament was full of ordinary people like us, no problems, we would get it right and guide Boris in the right direction.

klondike

You don't watch enough of The Hitler Channel (aka Yesterday) then. Surprise last ditch offensive as the Allies were on the advance towards the Fatherland. Ultimately achieved nothing and lost him a lot of equipment and battle seasoned troops.

The Remainers have plenty of battle seasoned (or should that be scarred?) troops but none capable of getting the country to accept rejoining IMO.

Sorry. Has to be done...

Wandering Walter

Very briefly as we and our Allies were fighting our way across Europe after the D Day landings and heading towards Germany in secret the Nazi's gathered as many Panzers ( Tanks ) and armour as they could and advanced through the Arden Forests which was thought impossible to do and attacked the Americans front line.

The Americans managed to hold them and route them the Nazi's Tanks were destroyed, if they had broken the Americans lines their Tanks would have wreaked havoc and the war would have lasted much longer , the Nazi's losing the Battle of the Bulge shortened the war we rolled into Berlin as did the Russians     

Wandering Walter

Quote from: klondike on January 14, 2022, 08:41:05 PM
I think you added that prat Adonis while I was typoing  :smiley:

Brexit is a done deal. Any replacement PM trying to reverse it would be comitting political suicide IMO.

I agree if any Government tried to drag us back into the EU I think serious civil unrest would break out, personally I think the days of the EU are numbered.   

Raven

Quote from: Wandering Walter on January 15, 2022, 12:41:00 PM
I agree if any Government tried to drag us back into the EU I think serious civil unrest would break out, personally I think the days of the EU are numbered.

It needs taken apart and putting back together properly. Either that or taken apart and binned.

klondike

No need for any taking apart. Like all empires it will just decay and fall to pieces of its own accord.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on January 14, 2022, 08:22:07 PM
There is clearly a mass media assault on Boris, but who is behind it and what's the reason  :hmm:  All this happened months ago, so why the drip feed now ?
Maybe it's the Chinese, Labour Party, a disgruntled civil service, Remainers, EU, BBC, Soros.  Who took the photos ?  This whole attempted 'coup' needs investigating, more than the so called parties do.

Maybe it's the Chinese, Labour Party,

Surely it should read 'Maybe it's the Chinese's Labour Party'.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Wandering Walter

Quote from: klondike on January 15, 2022, 01:09:32 PM
No need for any taking apart. Like all empires it will just decay and fall to pieces of its own accord.

I think so as well, resentment of the EU is growing right across the EU