5 fruits a day,

Started by alfred, February 09, 2022, 01:06:11 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

Not that long ago the t.v had a series of adverts telling us to eat 5 fruits a day, yet what comes to my mind is simply a fruit salad which i imagine would cover the amount then recommended,

Q; do you like fruit salads in general or do you eat five fruits a day
i must  confess i don't how ever i do like the occasional  banana,

Sheila

I keep bags of fruit in the freezer and take out blueberries, cherries etc. as needed.  I add yogurt and top with walnuts and goji berries.  That's my breakfast every day so most of my five a day and done early.

Flying Bomb

Don't forget your veggie too.
I eat at least 6 types each day, unpeeled for fibre.

klondike

I eat a fair bit of fresh fruit but less than I should in the way of vegetables. I saw a program once which mentioned that the 5 a day was simply a number plucked from the air with no evidence at all.

Michael Rolls

I tend to regard the juice of the grape as meeting my needs
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Alex

Quote from: Michael Rolls on February 09, 2022, 01:44:43 PM
I tend to regard the juice of the grape as meeting my needs
Mike

:grin: :grin: :grin:  Like Sheila I keep bags of frozen fruit, blueberries and raspberries to eat with porridge or pancakes.  I don't eat enough vegetables.

Scrumpy

I don't eat much fruit or veg.. Blueberries.. Bananas..
Sometimes have broccoli tips.. Or put one of those steam bag things in microwave..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Home made veg soup, veg with our dinners or salads, plus I make a smoothie of banana, pineapple, and frozen berries most mornings for breakfast.  I think I've got it covered much of the time.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

crabbyob

sadly i now eat what i fancy, i used to get the frozen berries, but i'm afraid i lapsed, i have an excellent diet in Goa, and also eat lots of fruit, but while at home i spoil myself, and sadly i have been at home for a while... but i do buy pitted prunes and have five of those a day, to keep me regular...

klondike

Words of wisdom...
Do NOT risk six  :grin:

Raven

I always eat fruit every day. In the warmer weather I drink a lot of fresh fruit smoothies and natural bio yogurt mixed in. Good for ya and lovely taste. My favourite is a mix of rasps, strawberry, kiwi fruit, yoghurt and blended with coconut water.

Michael Rolls

I loooooove grapes - properly processed
:smug:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]