for ever changing royals,

Started by alfred, December 13, 2022, 02:59:07 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

Sadly with the passing of the late queen and as newspapers as well as the news,, talks of in fighting amongst the royal families, it seems that the late queen had control regarding the royal family, and that Charles as a king in waiting has began to assert his views and feelings as to what he  wants' the royals to do as to what part they should play in the monarchy  ,

so for Charles is it too little too late as the royals  dig in having what part they want to play , with the never ending saga of harry and megan, still determined to have their piece of cake and trying to eat it as well ,(dont mention the word royal )

Q; do you think times up, have they had their day will the monarch be replaced with a presidency instead
will you share your thoughts with us ,  :busted:

klondike

Nice to see you back Alfred.

Harry and Meghan will doubtless cause some damage to the monarchy but I doubt that somebody as inconsequential as them can bring down an institution that has lasted many hundreds of years.

The institution I'd like to see scrapped for sure is the House of Lords. That imo is well past it's bin by date. As is the current electoral system that locks us in to first one bunch of crooks and incompetents who get replaced by a second bunch of the same only to see us back under the original lot a few years later. We need proportional representation. I did vote against it as I saw it a means to keep the LibDems in power propping up the existing crooks and incompetents alternately so there would need to be some safeguards.

Scrumpy

Hi Alfred.. Great to see you.. 

I am not a Royalist but prefer them to (others) all trying to get in on the act for BIG money..
Harry and Meghan won't bring the royals down in my opinion.. They will bring themselves down in the eyes of the British people.. and the USA will soon tire of them and their greed when there is no title for them to display.. 
The sooner their titles are taken away.. the better..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

It used to be better in the good old days

Alex

Hi Alfred, good to see you back  :upvote:
I don't think the monarchy will be replaced, but I do wish that Ann had been born first, I think she would make a good Queen,  I may be wrong but Charles seems a bit of a wimp.

Raven

I also think Anne would be the better one to wear the crown. As for H&M I don't care one way or the other.
Pleased to see you back again.

Alex

No wonder Her Majesty held on for so long and didn't abdicate  !  She must have known what a plonker Charles was  :cool:

Scrumpy

I like Charles and Camilla...
Just imagine had it been Andrew and Fergie..  :embarrassed:

Raven

I like Camilla but not Charles, I also like Fergie, but not Andrew. Not keen on William and Kate for some reason, not sure what,  :hmm: but I did like Harry. :shh:

klondike

Quote from: Raven on December 14, 2022, 09:10:29 AMbut I did like Harry. :shh:
I did too but he has been turned into a woke hypocrite hell bent on damaging his family. He jacked in his well paid and undemanding job so I wish he'd just bugger off.

Alex

Harry and Megan's "Christmas" card

Raven

For some reason I never find any of the royals cards Christmasy, they belong in their photo albums instead. :boo:

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on December 18, 2022, 02:01:21 PMHarry and Megan's "Christmas" card

I notice their Duke and Duchess titles are still being used ..
How convenient it is when needed..