Non stick coating

Started by Ashy, October 08, 2022, 12:01:36 PM

« previous - next »

Ashy

Has anyone had a non-stick pan re-coated, and where did you send it or take it?

Do you think they are better than stainless steel?

It's a saute pan.

Scrumpy

No Ashy.. I have never had a non stick pan re-coated..
I think they are better for cooking certain things.. But they don't stand the test of time like a stainless steel pan..
I have bought cheap and expensive pans.. There is a difference but.. money dictates what we buy..
I would like some really sharp knives for preparing cooking ingredients.. and a carver that actually slices the meat well.. I just hack away at meat joints.. I use my bread knife .. It does the job..  :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

I value advice. I'm moving towards a stainless steel pan (replacing the old one) and just cleaning it with Brillo if necessary.

If I do have to replace it I notice that the stainless pans are a bit cheaper and look classy.

Obviously my Committee will have the final say, but if anyone knows where they refurbish non stick please shout, thank you.

I agree that sharp knives are a good investment. I bought one last year made by Sabatier that I am very pleased with, and I believe Jean Patrique are very fine too. Look for professional equipment.

I've told the Committee that if she spent less time on the phone and watched her cooking she wouldn't need non-stick pans. This nasty bruise is the result.

Alex

I've never heard about re-coating non stick pans, but I imagine it would be cheaper to buy new.  I've got stainless steel pans which are good, but for a frying pan I think you're better with non stick.  Maybe buy a middle of the range priced one and replace when it's cream crackered ?

Ashy

I never fry anything and my wife hardly ever shallow-fries anything. She wouldn't use a saute pan when we have other frying pans.