Alex

Can anyone recommend an anti virus for my tablet ?  preferably free  :grin:

Scrumpy

I can give you advice that is FREE ..  :wink:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Yeah but that's no help when I'm visiting 'dodgy' sites  :tongue:

klondike

My advice would be to not visit dodgy sites. 

I have no AV on tablet or phone. 
I have no AV on my Chromebook. 
I have no AV over and above Defender on my PCs.
I have no AV on my Android media player.
I have no AV on my smart TV.
If I had a smart watch I'd have no AV on that.

Perhaps I lead a sheltered life. Despite no AV on any of my kit in years I have never encountered a virus. Other than Covid that is. Despite two jabs and a booster I still caught that.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 08, 2023, 06:36:06 PMDespite no AV on any of my kit in years I have never encountered a virus. Other than Covid that is. Despite two jabs and a booster I still caught that.
But were you hospitalised with it?

The vaccine isn't intended to completely prevent Covid, it's intended to minimise the effects of Covid.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I'm not going to discuss covid vaccines other than to say we must agree to disagree.

What I will say is that computer AV is, for the most part, snake oil that for some just makes things worse.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 09, 2023, 02:56:01 PMI'm not going to discuss covid vaccines other than to say we must agree to disagree.

What I will say is that computer AV is, for the most part, snake oil that for some just makes things worse.
Same here, I just have Windows Defender, I'd never pay for an AV programme.

I haven't a clue if my smartphone has AV or not & I don't use it for browsing anyway.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]