T K Maxx

Started by Sheila, May 16, 2022, 11:41:27 AM

« previous - next »

Sheila

There are hardly any clothes shops near us (I did get a pair of trousers from a shop in Heswall that Alex recommended) so I was pleased when a new T K Maxx opened near Asda.

I thought it would be good as it is new, so went this morning.  I found the rail for my size and would have fitted two of me into the first blouse that I looked at.  I persevered for a while but gave up.  I'll go upstairs next time because I have found that the household goods can be good.

I think it's time for me to be brave and get the train over to Liverpool.  Sadly many of the shops have closed in Chester.  I do miss C&A, Littlewoods and BHS.

Raven

There's a T.K. Maxx in Perth that I sometimes used to look in at. But never have I once found a single thing I liked, now I simply stay away if I'm home on a visit. I like Matalan, Bonmarche and George, always spend too much in those stores.

Sheila

Yes, I've had a few tops delivered from Matalan and Bon Marche while I was not allowed out but I've had my fourth jab now.

Alex

Sheila there's a new Matalan opened on Cheshire Oaks near to Boots, although I don't think it's as big as the Bromborough store..
I like TK Maxx for knitwear, I always find something in there to fit, but I avoid the shop on weekends when it's too busy. 

GrannyMac

My son buys socks from TKMaxx, likes the quality for the price! I like their photo frames, candles etc.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Sheila

Quote from: Alex on May 16, 2022, 02:53:24 PM
Sheila there's a new Matalan opened on Cheshire Oaks near to Boots, although I don't think it's as big as the Bromborough store..

We live in Bromborough Alex!

Alex

Quote from: Sheila on May 17, 2022, 11:54:18 AM

We live in Bromborough Alex!

I thought you did ! :smiley: I like the Matalan in Bromborough, but the new one on Cheshire Oaks is closer for me.

Raven

Quote from: Alex on May 17, 2022, 12:36:53 PM
I thought you did ! :smiley: I like the Matalan in Bromborough, but the new one on Cheshire Oaks is closer for me.

Last time I was in the Perth Matalan I got an unwelcome surprise, they had done away with the Checkout Operators. :angry: The tills are different from the ones in the supermarkets so I got in a muddle, came out of there in a foul mood.  :waiting:

Alex

The same happened to me in Cheshire Oaks !  fortunately the woman at the next self service was worse than me, so once I'd cracked it, I gave her a hand :grin: we ended up having a laugh about it.   I said to the girl behind the counter that it was doing her out of a job, she said she had plenty to do in the stockroom !  Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick, but surely introducing self service tills must do away with at least one cashier ?  :rolleyes:

Sheila

They are trying to force us to use the self service tills in Bromborough Matalan and both Paul and I hate it.  They are more complicated than Asda.

Sheila

Paul was just reading this thread and said for you to come for a cuppa next time you go to Matalan!

Alex

Quote from: Sheila on May 17, 2022, 01:39:11 PM
Paul was just reading this thread and said for you to come for a cuppa next time you go to Matalan!

:grin: :grin: I will !