Sweden & Finland

Started by Alex, May 12, 2022, 10:17:51 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on May 17, 2022, 08:46:08 PM
Turkey will veto both joining NATO

Turkey can vote against Sweden & Finland under Article 10 but I don't think the Turkish PM arsehole will be able to stop them from joining as the political pressure & potential sanctions against Turkey will be too great.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Last I read he hasn't said he will actually veto anyway. As Phil says the politics are against him doing so.

Alex

I know they should be free to join NATO,  but don't you think it's actually poking the bear ?   I'm hopefully wrong, but I think this action would escalate the situation with Russia.

klondike

The bear only has one trick left and using that one just means everybody loses. Putin may say launch the nukes but would the order get obeyed? Come to that, given the state of the Russian army and it's equipment, would they even work or has somebody flogged the wiring off as scrap.

https://truthaboutrussia.quora.com/

Raven

Bottom Line........It's none of Putin's damn business if other countries want to join NATO.  :nooo:

Alex

Quote from: Raven on May 18, 2022, 11:10:00 AM
Bottom Line........It's none of Putin's damn business if other countries want to join NATO.  :nooo:

We know this Raven, it was none of his business what went on in Ukraine, but that didn't stop him.

Raven

I know, but wasn't there some sort of agreement between both countries about NATO, and Ukraine went back on it? That annoyed Putin......... I'm not sure.......I really should pay more attention to World News.  [2010]

klondike

Ukraine were made ineligible to apply for NATO membership when Putin annexed Crimea in 2014. You can't apply for membership if you have any current border dispute.

Raven

hugh

Putin not going to allow grain to leave Ukraine unless sanctions are removed ???
Happy Golfer

klondike

He's going the right way to lose more of his fleet then imo.

hugh

Yes I agree with you klondike :upvote: :upvote: :upvote: :upvote:
Happy Golfer

klondike

DW are reporting that there are efforts to set up train routes carrying grain through from Ukraine to other ports.

What I can't see happening is capitulation to Putin now. He only has one big stick left to wave and using that won't bring him victory. All it would do is destroy Russia completely. Probably along with the rest of the planet of course.