Dayo - had your Octopus bill yet?

Started by klondike, February 09, 2022, 04:00:51 PM

« previous - next »

Dayjo

I'm not happy, with proposed monthly payments, of £192...
I reckon, they have based that on my overwinter usage.. (I know, I can change the amount whenever I wish).

I have my annual, gas/ lekky averages. Think I'll ask them to out work a monthly payment, based on that....
As you slide down the banister of life.
May the splinters never point in the wrong direction.

klondike

Don't forget that the cap will be reviewed (ie doubtless increased again) in October. Still at least we have our winter fuel benefit and the £10 Christmas bonus to come  :spit:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

You can spend your Christmas bonus how you like too. Maybe treat yourself to two bars on the fire one evening or half a gallon of diesel.

I remember you liked working out inflation from the petrol thread. Can you tell us what each of those two might be worth now had they been added to the basic pension rather than as a fixed lump sum payment each year? Of course both are tax free for anybody paying tax but I rather think that advantage may well be negligble compared to the loss of annual increases. The government would save a few bob on administering them too along with sending out several letters saying they are coming. The way postage prices are rising those letters will soon cost more than the Christmas bonus.