Annoying BS

Started by klondike, April 25, 2024, 03:57:37 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Building society that is.

A fixed term ISA has matured and my Bank/BS is surpassed by others for flexible ISAs so I opened an account with Principality and funded an ISA with £100 with the intention of doing the transfer next.

To log in to the newly created account they send a text with a code. Mine didn't arrive. I tried again. Still nothing. They do show your number but with bits starred out. I assumed I'd got it wrong so phoned. CS had shut a little earlier at 5:30

I tried again next day. Still no text although I had had two others. One from my daughter and one from ParcelFarce about a delivery. I phoned CS when they opened at 9:30. The number was correct. They would investigate. Much later they called back. Is it PAYG. No. Can you power cycle it and try again. I did still not working. I'd had enough by now and phoned to bin it. The CS woman couldn't understand why so I explained that an account I couldn't access was as much use as a chocolate tea pot. She suggested I could phone. I asked if she thought this was the eighties. I said I didn;'t care if it was my phone, their system or Chinese spies to blame the account was still useless. I had the account closed and the money refunded. I was told it would arrive today.

It arrived a little while ago £100.01. At least I was compensated.

Victor Meldrew.

Alex

Oh dear Victor, don't spend it all at once. :smiley: