Sod off Google

Started by klondike, February 05, 2022, 11:10:26 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

I could have some fun at yours with the voice recorder then if you were daft enough to click play   :grin:

I only have a couple of routines. They are triggered by a linked Amazon air quality meter which currently only has them for temperature.  Child that I am I've made Alexa swear when it triggers either which takes some lateral phonetic thinking  :grin:

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on February 05, 2022, 03:57:00 PM
I could have some fun at yours with the voice recorder then if you were daft enough to click play   :grin:

I only have a couple of routines. They are triggered by a linked Amazon air quality meter which currently only has them for temperature.  Child that I am I've made Alexa swear when it triggers either which takes some lateral phonetic thinking  :grin:

:shocked: :grin:

"Alexa, bathroom lights on".

"Ok, bathroom lights on, try not to miss the toilet".

"Alexa, bathroom lights off".

"Ok, bathroom lights off, did you remember to close the toilet seat?".

Lol  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

But you can't beat "Domino ho ho" through the external CCTV camera speakers, :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

No speakers or incoming audio either on my CCTV and not Alexa linked either. I do have a Ring doorbell which is linked but that's it.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on February 05, 2022, 02:44:20 PM

"Alexa, change the voice".

'Alexa ,change the voice'.. !!!
I might give that a go.. It will make a nice change hearing a male voice..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

zoony

But you'll not like doing what it suggests so you'll have to teach it to call you 'mistress'.. and say please and thank you.. :grin:

Scrumpy

I am now speaking to a male on my Alexa.. He sounds a bit posh and has a gentle voice..
I don't think it's for me.. Back to the original..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

The voice on my Sat Nav has a lovely soft Irish accent and he never alters his tone even when I tell him to 'shut the f*** up'   [2000]

klondike

I always thought that sat nav programmers missed some tricks. Why didn't they throw in a "Why didn't you listen listen dickhead?" for when you go wrong? So much better than that boring "Turn around when possible".

Michael Rolls

an earlier sat-nav I had used to say 'recalculating' and you could her the sigh in the voice
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

crabbyob

you could get celibrity voices for sat-nav,,, i had Jean-Luc Picard.... then Billy Connolly

TREBOR

There are books on how to "train" Alexa. Ive got a smart TV with her living inside. That Google bloke is in my tablet and my phone.

klondike

I don't use my smart speakers much.

I remember the funny sat nav voices. IME they were only funny for one trip or until you went wrong whichever came first.  :smiley: