I've had a brilliant idea!

Started by JBR, April 03, 2024, 05:41:05 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Vlad

"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 10, 2024, 09:31:45 AMI'm loving your new topic JBR..  This is where I come to when I need to rest my brain...
Quote from: Vlad on April 10, 2024, 08:29:25 AMI am undecided on how best to advise, it might have been easier for me if you had done a multi choice answer.
Oh..hi JB.
Well, I'm glad it has worked out, Scrum.  I only posted it as a joke.

I'm glad you managed to make it Vlad, and I haven't had a telling-off from the boss!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Vlad

Quote from: JBR on April 10, 2024, 10:47:42 AMWell, I'm glad it has worked out, Scrum.  I only posted it as a joke.

I'm glad you managed to make it Vlad, and I haven't had a telling-off from the boss!
Thanks JB, SWMBO has already had a pop, you should be resting she says, I am lying down and typing with one finger I retorted...she gave me one of her looks, you know the ones...the look that could stop a wounded pre-menstrual charging water buffalo in its tracks, I tried to hide under the duvet....

JBR

Quote from: Vlad on April 10, 2024, 11:05:53 AMThanks JB, SWMBO has already had a pop, you should be resting she says, I am lying down and typing with one finger I retorted...she gave me one of her looks, you know the ones...the look that could stop a wounded pre-menstrual charging water buffalo in its tracks, I tried to hide under the duvet....
I fully understand.  After all I, too, am scared of my wife when she's that way out.

Incidentally, one consequence of giving you those clues is that if I now post on 'the mother ship', I am immediately informed that "this message is awaiting approval by a moderator".

I can't say that I am particularly upset, as I tend to post less on that site anyway.  There are some very argumentative people there, I'm afraid, whose posts are not moderated by humour!
And I'm sure you know that humour is my hobby.

Vlad

Quote from: JBR on April 10, 2024, 11:15:29 AMI fully understand.  After all I, too, am scared of my wife when she's that way out.

Incidentally, one consequence of giving you those clues is that if I now post on 'the mother ship', I am immediately informed that "this message is awaiting approval by a moderator".

I can't say that I am particularly upset, as I tend to post less on that site anyway.  There are some very argumentative people there, I'm afraid, whose posts are not moderated by humour!
And I'm sure you know that humour is my hobby.
Oh dear, it will be the naughty step for you now. I do tend to find that forums  evolve over time and eventually end up being very authoritarian. A sort of, ' it's my ball, my pitch, my game and I am the ref, so here is a red card'  
There are some posters on the mother ship that really grip my shit, my block list on there is quite long. 😀 Anyway new forum, new people, new and fresh ideas, I must try....and behave 

JBR

Quote from: Vlad on April 10, 2024, 11:31:20 AMOh dear, it will be the naughty step for you now. I do tend to find that forums  evolve over time and eventually end up being very authoritarian. A sort of, ' it's my ball, my pitch, my game and I am the ref, so here is a red card' 
There are some posters on the mother ship that really grip my shit, my block list on there is quite long. 😀 Anyway new forum, new people, new and fresh ideas, I must try....and behave
To be fair, the two responses I posted on there recently, now seem to have been cleared for general consumption.
I do understand how the boss is upset that people from his forum have moved over here, but most still post on his forum as well, so he isn't actually losing members.

dextrous63

Ooh JB.  Who's been a norty boy then?

klondike

Problems of this nature is why the site header features this..

ansu

No running for me - I had a foot operation mid-March and I am hobbling around  with a special shoe and crutches.  

Vlad

Quote from: klondike on April 10, 2024, 03:24:31 PMProblems of this nature is why the site header features this..

Ahhh, while you are here great leader and owner of a magnificent post count...why does it show a link to my IP address under my avatar?
Edit
Don't answer that...I did the obvious and clicked on it and found my answer...doh!

dextrous63

Vlad, don't mention klondy's excessive hair.  I did once and got away with it.

Vlad

Quote from: dextrous63 on April 10, 2024, 04:40:53 PMVlad, don't mention klondy's excessive hair.  I did once and got away with it.
Confused dot com, she has lots of hair? 

dextrous63

Klondy is a he, although one can be forgiven for making the mistake.

Think David Attenborough in Rwanda in 1979.  Think of the need for a double in case the film didn't work out.

Ruthio

I haven't a clue what sites you mean,
 Azz?
Pensioners Forum?
Fifty Plus?
F3A?
And which one is the Mother Ship for goodness sakes?!
I'm in Desperately Trying To Understand mode 😂

Hey, I've just remembered we've got PMs on here, so if you're shy you can send me a message to ease my confusion!!