Main Menu

Salt

Started by Sheila, April 05, 2022, 06:56:28 AM

« previous - next »

zoony

Salt 'n vinegar crisps (crushed) and hot baked beans. Delicious. Must be cheap bread. One slice and proper butter. Oh, and wear a bib. :cool: :grin:

GrannyMac

Very strange z, very strange.... :grin:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Would that work with Cheese & Onion crisps and cold baked beans ?  :grin: :grin:

Jacqueline

Quote from: Sheila on April 05, 2022, 06:56:28 AM
We went out for a meal last night and had a couple of (very expensive) sirloin steaks.  The steaks were excellent but everything was covered in sea salt.  When the waitress came to ask if everything was ok, I said it was too salty and she said that was the way they do it there!

A similar thing happened a few days ago when we had a meal in a pub.  The salt on the chips was enough to bring tears to my eyes.  Am I in the wrong to think that I should have the choice as to whether or not I want salt on my food?

I thought we were all supposed to be cutting down on salt, fat etc?  I certainly don't think its right that your food was covered in salt like that.  My daughter in law who was a chef, tells me that your food should be properly seasoned before it is served so you don't have to do it.  I disagree on this as its personal taste, the chef is imposing their own taste onto you.  I presume they asked you how you liked your steak cooked, same should have been so with seasoning.

-Oy-

Just had a Chinese delivered from a place we haven't used before.

I think I know where all the missing salt is.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

zoony

Quote from: Alex on April 07, 2022, 01:39:12 PM
Would that work with Cheese & Onion crisps and cold baked beans ?  :grin: :grin:

I'd assume so but not for me.. and not with cold beans! Yech!  :grin:

Sheila

Jacqueline, I totally agree with you.  I have a bit of a problem with my bp so have stopped adding salt to my food and compensate by using lots of garlic, onion etc.