Thanks but no thanks

Started by klondike, April 25, 2022, 07:37:06 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

What?  [1080]

It's almost time to renew your car insurance and we'd like to thank you for being
with us for the last year. If you're happy with your renewal premium and cover
and want to continue to receive all the great benefits of Tesco Car Insurance,
your policy will automatically renew on the 22nd May 2022.
Your new price: £362.29
Last year you paid*: £259.06

They surely must be joking.
I will cancel the auto renewal. At least they let me do that online instead of wasting an age on the phone. If it works of course.

Sheila

It's always annoying when you find a cheaper company and then cancel the old one.  Suddenly they are able to match the price of the new company.

klondike

They won't be getting any calls when they can offer a match as I have cancelled the auto renew now. I will go elsewhere regardless. Should be able to get some  cashback too.

Diasi

Our car insurance is with the Halifax & it cost £112 last year but the renewal quote for this year is £162.

The cheapest quote we've had is for £136 so we'll go with that one.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

I never use the auto renewal facility on any insurance or breakdown.  This year my car insurance through the RAC was £155, last year it was £162 so a small reduction.

klondike

Not sure why mine is dearer. Must be the postcode I suppose as I don't drive a Lamborghini.

I'll use a comparison site through Topcasback as I don't want to fill the same crud in on umpteen. Not the one which didn't track on my home insurance though.

Will leave it a couple of weeks. Despite interest rates being as close to sod all as makes no difference I'd rather keep it in my account than theirs as they all want paying straight away.