GB News

Started by Alex, September 28, 2023, 03:31:08 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

In 2019 Jo Brand joked about throwing acid over Nigel Farage on the BBC - No further action. 

In 2020 Sophie Dukes joked about killing white people on Frankie Boyle's New World Order - No further action.

In 2020 Miriam Margolyes said she wanted Boris Johnson to die on live TV while he was seriously ill with COVID - No further action.

Did the same people calling for GB News to be shut down call for the BBC and Channel 4 to be shut down?

From Twatter, but things are heating up with many "celebrities" including MPs jumping on the bandwagon to shut down GB News. 

klondike

I'll just have to get up earlier if it shuts down. I watch it on catchup in bed before I get up. I'm guessing they all feel affronted because there is one station that isn't following their rule book. At least I assume so as that's the only TV news I ever watch now so I don't see anything from the BBC or the rest these days.

Diasi

I find it very concerning how we are all being controlled by such a small, but vocal, minority who are enabled by a willing establishment.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I suppose I should check out TalkTV which got a mention.

My bedroom TV isn't smart and I was using an android box with it but as it is mostly only used for GBNews and the GBNews android app is rubbish I recently bought a Roku dongle. The GBNews app on my Roku smart TV is much better for fast forwarding past the rubbish they put in the ad breaks on their catch-up and doesn't have the  laughable auto generated sub titles which fail so badly.

klondike

One dodgy tirade from a presenter is hardly a reason to close the channel. I don't think anybody has suggested the BBC gets closed down despite its history of employing and trying to protect pervs by burying complaints.

dextrous63

Quote from: Ruthio on September 28, 2023, 06:57:45 PMhttps://app.inews.co.uk/full_page_image/page-11-1543/content.html

Interesting point of view
Yep.  Seems to me that GBN has a need to include some outrageous nonsense (akin to the absurd stuff in Viz mag, or the Sunday Sport paper) to gain notoriety and hence attract an audience, which it needs for financial purposes.

Alex

I must have missed the outrageous nonsense, I can't recall any.  I may have been watching TalkTV at the time though.    :cool:

JBR

Quote from: Alex on September 28, 2023, 03:31:08 PMIn 2019 Jo Brand joked about throwing acid over Nigel Farage on the BBC - No further action. 

In 2020 Sophie Dukes joked about killing white people on Frankie Boyle's New World Order - No further action.

In 2020 Miriam Margolyes said she wanted Boris Johnson to die on live TV while he was seriously ill with COVID - No further action.

Did the same people calling for GB News to be shut down call for the BBC and Channel 4 to be shut down?

From Twatter, but things are heating up with many "celebrities" including MPs jumping on the bandwagon to shut down GB News. 

The words "The emptiest vessels shout the loudest" is a real truism.

These specific people, and the unnamed others, are obviously very upset with the way things are going in this country.  Personally, I feel exactly the opposite to them - about the way some other things are going in this country!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: Ruthio on September 28, 2023, 06:57:45 PMhttps://app.inews.co.uk/full_page_image/page-11-1543/content.html

Interesting point of view
I wished I hadn't clicked that link as I'd erased him from my mind a few years ago.

Ian Dunt, one letter past the one that describes him, odious self-important little nobody.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Ruthio

Quote from: Diasi on September 28, 2023, 07:50:33 PMI wished I hadn't clicked that link as I'd erased him from my mind a few years ago.

Ian Dunt, one letter past the one that describes him, odious self-important little nobody.
Naughty!!! 😆

Alex

I didn't bother reading it when I saw the title 'Channel is a purveyor of muck'   I hope GB News will continue to rattle the cages of the Remainers, Rejoiners and Remoaniacs for years to come