the importance of grand parents,

Started by alfred, July 25, 2022, 07:59:50 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

For many years the influence of grand parents  and their effects on grand children has been educational , a sort of learning process, to which for many has a lasting effect as when children reach adult hood they remember many things they were taught by their elders,

today with many children growing up again many without a father as the mother in some cases has several  children by several  men and the mother hasn't the time to spend in helping their children progress with their schoolwork ,and some with no grand parents either  to guide or help them in their journey through life,

Q; have you any thoughts of the importance of grand parents and their effect on children as a whole , if so will you share your thoughts with us,

sadly i have no grand children , but think how many children could be missing out ,

Scrumpy

I guess I am very lucky that I have been involved with all my grandchildren..
  Wouldn't have missed it for the world.. They filled the big gaps when Sam died..
I have had some brilliant times with them.. They learned many things from being with me and I learned and am still learning many things from them.. I am one of the gang..  :smiley:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I became a grandmother for the first time two ½ years ago, how I wish it had happened years ago, but better late than never as they say !  I have a new purpose in life, unfortunately, I can't chase after a toddler :grin: BUT  I'm enjoying every minute I get to spend with him.  When he comes out with "stuff" his parents don't recognise, they know it's come from me, silly things like old fashioned phrases "ups a daisy" is one  :grin: he also knows 'one, two buckle my shoe' etc etc..... I love being a Nana. :upvote: 

-Oy-

Our recent retirement and house move was all about our little Grandson :)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."