My Xrays, (not pretty, be warned)

Started by Raven, February 24, 2023, 08:55:31 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

good lord! A replacement needed - but not given - at 42 - awful.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

How awful, please rest and mend and retain that famous National courage and stoic character. Our huge cousin from Texas, the big lump left yesterday. So kind and considerate and yes tender for such a gargantuan. Still he's back in June for a month!

Doris' (my little stray) has re-appeared now our monster visitor has departed. At first she went to live in a cupboard and then Tillie took her home for a few days but she was most unhappy apparently. Last night she got inside my bed so tightly into me that I had to turn the covers back. A very nervous tour of the property took place before, when she retuned. Albert said "I dinnee know what you're all feart aboot lassie" and she shed a tear as you can see here.

Keep getting well

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Raven on February 25, 2023, 06:15:23 PMYep, 42 and not a care in the world, it was the middle of July, a roasting hot evening and I had taken my 2 Old English Sheepies for a hike up river. I was joined by one of my sisters and her dog, Sal (dog) had been in the river for a swim and came running up the boats slipway straight at me, started to shake the water out of her long coat, I whipped around to get out of it and ripped my cartilage.. At the time I thought it was a pulled muscle, but time and pain told a different story. A few months later I was sent for an Xray and 2 days after that I was in PRI for keyhole surgery to get the bits of cartilage out. I was told I would need a full replacement in the future but I would have to be 60 first. Ended up having them in my 50s.
Terrible.  That just shows how things like that could happen to any of us.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

love Doris - is it my imagination, or does she look a bit on the nervous side?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on February 25, 2023, 09:31:18 PMTerrible.  That just shows how things like that could happen to any of us.

Your quite right Mike. I agreed initially to 'host her' for a weekend from my local 'Animal Rescue' centre because she was so withdrawn. Her previous owner became affected by dementia and her 'carers' were increasingly wicked to this poor little creature. Locking her in a 'lidded' tea chest 24 hours a day, until a neighbour hearing her pitiful yelps for water, released her and took her into his home and rung the police.

I agreed to provide a 'place' for her to recover and was overcome at how she 'clung' to me, never letting me leave her field of vision, at night seemingly waking as soon as I opened my eyes. My other two obviously felt her fear and were very supportive. To this day, she is very apprehensive of not being too far distant from a bowl of water! In the evening sometimes she has a quiet little yap and goes over to my tumbler by the bed. I am required to let her have a few sips, almost as if she's confirming theres liquid there? She then bounds over to me and gets as close as she can, whilst most times quaking for a while.

Also a great friend to my youngest horse and always trots off first in the mornings to visit him in the stables. As I wrote a few days back she was very apprehensive of 'Wolfgang Paddy', who just wanted to play and I'm sure tried to help. However we think she thought he was to be her replacement and became somewhat distressed? Tillie had her at her home for a few days, but she seems to see me as her saviour and gets distressed quite quickly if I'm not about?

Consequently she loves travelling with me in the cars, no matter how long the journey. I can see her level of anxiety lessening as time goes by, lots of love affection and fun (living with a funny old eccentric for instance) and of course respect?

A truly humble and easily pleased little soul, whom I'm so happy to have sharing my life.

Alex

She's lovely and I don't care what anyone, says dogs just KNOW an animal lover, cats know too.  :grin:

Cassandra

Yes I agree I've always got on well with dogs and horses. I'm thinking of getting a few goats (miniature varieties) to live in an enclosure as we are known to have 45lb lynx's round here, although no-one's ever seen one yet!