TV Cam

Started by crabbyob, February 22, 2022, 12:14:14 PM

« previous - next »

crabbyob

any advice about a wireless TV Cam for my back garden garage area

klondike

Depends what you want it for.  Most CCTV needs a DVR to record the output.

You can get some that will record to SD cards or upload directly to a server on the internet (often called the cloud).

You can get some that you can just watch on TV.

It also depends on what you are prepared to spend of course. Saying as little as possible will get you some footage but doubtfully any that would be worth having.

Here is some daytime/dusk  4K CCTV that I've shown before (the prat on the scooter)

Same camera at night (neighbour wanted something to back up his complaints about a noisy party). I have no idea if it was of any use.

Some earlier non-4k video. Camera had fault which was why I eventually replaced it. Police asked for this as there was "an incident" further down the road. Nice bunch of kids these parts. Especially the young girl with the sctrewdrivers she stabbed into anothers backpack and later used to prise the capstones off a wall to throw. At least the school coughed up for wall repairs.

A 4 camera setup similar to mine although I have more cameras and that one has no hard drive which would be needed so not the best listing. I can't recall what I paid.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165134907144

It isn't a market leading brand so you aren't paying for the branding and it seems to work well. You do need some intuition to figure out how to download what you've recorded as the instructions aren't the best.

crabbyob

they are all reasonable good quallity, i am awaiting my son search, we want one with motion detectionasits the rear garden and garage...thanks pal...

klondike

They just about all have it but motion detection tends to be a waste of time in many locations. The sun or moving shadows caused by wind can trigger it. Obviously where that camera is it would be useless anyway. Just reminded me that one of the cameras has stopped working and I'll have to check it out. Last time it was because I'd made a poor job of sealing the joint between cable and camera and water got in. I thought I'd fixed that problem. It all makes work for the lazy sod to do though.