Still going strong

Started by Alex, June 09, 2022, 01:07:35 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

At nearly 80 Mick Jagger is in Liverpool ahead of a concert at Anfield tonight. 

crabbyob

well done Mick youve outlasted so many

Michael Rolls

My late sister was an early fan - Eel Pie Island days. When he started, Mick was a bit older than Sheila - then a few years later he had somehow become younger. According to Wiki, he was born 28/7/43. Sheila was born 5/4/44 - so that date is probably right.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Jacqueline

I first saw the Stones as a 13/14 year old schoolgirl in the Granada Cinema, Harrow, loved them ever since their music haven't dated at all.  I would love to be at that concert. 

Scrumpy

I prefer then to the Beatles...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I think when I saw them at a local cinema the second billing was The Small Faces headed up by Rod Stuart who is also still going.

Jacqueline

Those early 1960's appearances were usually with quite a few other acts, I can't remember who they were on with when I saw them.  At that time we saw most of the English groups and quite a few American's, Phil Spector, and the Ronettes, Motown acts like the Supremes. Roy Orbison, Gene Pitney, we saw so many more I can't remember, and the ticket prices were not exhorbitant or I would never have been able to go. 

I also loved Blues, and  the British legion in South Harrow brought in some amazing blues guys like  Howling Wolf and  John Lee Hooker. Rather have been young then than now, we had the best times.