purposely catching covid.

Started by Scrumpy, January 24, 2022, 01:08:29 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

That is what I heard on the radio just now..
Some people are purposely catching covid to 'up' their immune system..
I remember a while back that mothers held Chickenpox/ Measles parties so that their children caught the complaint whilst they were still young..
Is this stupid or what.. !
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

It probably is for folks of our age but for youngsters? I don't know.

It is true that a natural infection gives better immunity than the vaccines but I'd say that Omicon is plenty infectious enough not to need to go out of your way to catch it. I'd guess that there is a good chance that large numbers will have already had it and not noticed.

-Oy-

I heard recently that a women well known as an anti-vaxer (can;t remember who she was) did just that - and died from it. Stupidity!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Alex

Yes, I read about the woman who died after intentionally getting it. Eastern Europe somewhere....seems a bit daft to me  :rolleyes:

zoony

There seems to be quite a spectrum of affect, from mild annoyance to death! My concern at this point is for myself and I know that's selfish but I mentioned that my carer Dennis's missus had it on Friday though he said she was okay and that he was testing himself daily. Well he was due to visit this morning and hasn't showed up, which isn't like him, plus no phone call..Wealsea..

1955vintage

The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

Quote from: zoony on January 24, 2022, 02:05:20 PM
There seems to be quite a spectrum of affect, from mild annoyance to death!
It's wider than that. They have been talking about asymptomatic cases right from the start of this business. My own infection courtesy of doing a granddaughter a favour was close to asymptomatic as was hers - just an slight but annoying cough and that was pre Omicron.