King Charles 111

Started by Diasi, September 09, 2022, 10:06:16 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

The senior living member of the Royal Stewart Family, descended in a legitimate male line from Robert II of Scotland, is Arthur Stuart, 8th Earl Castle Stewart.

Alex

I wondered why one of Charles's names was Arthur.

klondike

Scotland could always keep Charles of course. Many of the Commonwealth nations kept the British monarch as head of state. If there is still a legitimate Scottish line though they may prefer that route or of course go for a republic. Perhaps they'd have a referendum to decide.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Alex on September 11, 2022, 08:17:46 PMI wondered why one of Charles's names was Arthur.
It was one of his paternal grandfather's Christian names (who took George VI after his father, whereas he was Bertie to the family - oh and Edward VIII was David in the family)
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I am 'Aye' to my family and my sister is 'Buttons'..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Dextrous63

Quote from: Raven on September 11, 2022, 08:10:53 PMThe senior living member of the Royal Stewart Family, descended in a legitimate male line from Robert II of Scotland, is Arthur Stuart, 8th Earl Castle Stewart.
That's as maybe, but the dogs may have a more direct claim...

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Brilliant piece of canine history!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on September 10, 2022, 09:36:32 AMGot it. Tim Westwood (who he?)

Yes, definitely Tim Westwood, he was on the news tonight & the photo of him was exactly the face of number four in the Sweaty Nonce line-up. 

Lol  :upvote: :yahoo:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]