Something's crazy

Started by Michael Rolls, May 30, 2022, 07:32:42 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

two of my banks are claiming that I am entering incorrect passwords etc. - but I'm not. Worrying - I'm not even attempting to access the other two. Anyone else having log-in problems? The banks are Lloyds and TSB
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Got into my Lloyds a/c no problem this morning. Its a horrid feeling Mike, hopefully it'll be sorted quickly.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Can you not phone them to see what's going on? :wtf: I certainly would have. :hmm:

klondike

The very first thing that a hacker will do if they gain access to anything is change the email and password.

You need to call the banks.

You also need to check the others.

Michael Rolls

Spent half an hour with a very helpful lady at Lloyds, changed my password and memorable information and normal service has been restored. Obviously, I was worried someone had hacked in, but if so they didn't touch anything - I have three accounts with them, and all are as they should be.
TSB was simpler - I hadn't realised that, whereas the memorable information used not to be case sensitive, now it has to be numbers or lower case - and I used upper case as I always have in the past - looks as though they must have changed it over the weekend - it would have been nice to have been warned - I checked in on Friday using upper case usual
Big sigh of relief - but I would love to know what happened to the Lloyds a/c - I was really worried.
Mike
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Really glad you got it sorted Mike. Someone hacked into my Sainsburys grocery account quite early on in lockdown. It meant the linked credit card and Nectar balance were compromised.

It took me ages to change my email and all my sign ins.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I only access my bank online by desktop using a card reader to give passcodes or by mobile phone using fingerprint so don't get password format changed problems although I have had them on some websites in the past.

Although it wasn't hacking this time I still stand by my advice if the password has been changed because it's what hackers do.

Michael Rolls

K
Yes I did speak with Lloyds. The TSB problem was user error - hadn't realized that memorable gen had become case sensitive - never used to be
Mike
[email protected]

Diasi

No because Lloyds would have to tell me I was using the wrong fingerprint as I use mobile phone banking.

If I needed to log in via my laptop Lloyds would sent a one-time code to my mobile phone.

Anyone who has one-time codes sent to their mobile phone needs to be aware of fraudulent SIM-swaps.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

I have a code sent to my mobile logging into my credit card, I thought it was quite safe ?

Michael Rolls

I haven't supplied my banks with a mobile number and no intention of so doing
Mike
[email protected]

Alex

I'm positive the banks wouldn't sell your number to anyone Mike

Michael Rolls

[email protected]