P C Silliness !

Started by Silver Tabby, May 23, 2024, 12:19:12 AM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on Yesterday at 03:11:54 PMYes,  I agree, JBR.  It's like a new hobby for some people.
I find your comment offensive.

JBR

I feel that I am somehow missing out here.

I received, today, a letter which has the name: 'Cyfeiriad Dychwelyd' on the back of the envelope.
Having absolutely no idea who the sender may have been (some foreigner I suppose), I hesitated to open it.  In fact, it is still lying next to me unopened and I am beginning to feel frightened of what I might find inside it.

To be perfectly honest, I find these scare tactics offensive.
I could, I suppose, write a letter of complaint to the provided address, but who knows what retribution they (whoever they are) might take.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Just write on the front UNKNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS and bung it in a postbox. Alternately bung it in the recycling. I assume you know that Cyfeiriad Dychwelyd is Welsh for return address.

dextrous63

JB, it may be the Welsh Presbyterian Church issuing its final warning to you regarding your unwillingness to subscribe to the Treorchy Male Singers.

I'd strongly recommend that you avoid travelling west for a while.  Even Cheshire Oaks may be an outpost for their snipers.

Yesterday at 06:16:03 PM
Quote from: klondike on Yesterday at 06:13:54 PMJust write on the front UNKNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS and bung it in a postbox. Alternately bung it in the recycling. I assume you know that Cyfeiriad Dychwelyd is Welsh for return address.
Unwise.  They'll get hold of his DNA if he returns it.

klondike

I suppose it could be a car tax reminder from the DVLA and it got stuffed in the wrong envelope.

JBR

You mean it's from somewhere in Wales?
Oh dear.  They are dangerous people, and they all speak in some incomprehensible tongue so you can't tell what they're planning to do next.

I think I'd better burn it before they somehow trace its whereabouts.

Yesterday at 06:34:05 PM
Hang on!
Marge has just rescued it before it caught fire.

It seems to be a cheque for £135, a refund for car tax as we bought a new car this time last week and this seems to be in respect of our old car we put in part exchange.  Phew!

Why these people can't write in English, God only knows?

GrannyMac

I wonder why Wales is home to the DVLA? Around 6000 jobs in Swansea which the IndyWales nutters don't seem to realise they'd lose if Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 left the UK.  Like Scotland but on a smaller scale and a language no one outside Wales ever learns.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on Today at 07:05:20 AMI wonder why Wales is home to the DVLA? Around 6000 jobs in Swansea which the IndyWales nutters don't seem to realise they'd lose if Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 left the UK.  Like Scotland but on a smaller scale and a language no one outside Wales ever learns.
Absolutely.  I'm sure that the DVLA was 'sent' to Wales as one of these government 'appeasing' moves which farm out certain national organisations in an attempt to make such places feel more important.

I'd now like to see something similarly important being established in the Frozen North, preferably in God's County: the new 'Common Sense' department of the Civil Service, perhaps, as we here seem to have much more common sense than the South, sithee, like it was wen ah wer a lad.

What I'd like to see is the North of England also becoming an independent nation, with our own parliament of course... perhaps associated with the South, as long as we receive our fair share of hand-outs like Wales and Scotland do.

GrannyMac

Don't start on Independence for Yorkshire please! 😁

There are already several hundred Civil Service jobs in Sheffield, the Home office occupies two large buildings.  I think it was David Blunkett who organised that, and it now looks as if more are on their way.  

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/sheffield-to-be-centre-for-policy-jobs-under-whitehall-shake-up
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on Today at 11:36:53 AMDon't start on Independence for Yorkshire please! 😁

There are already several hundred Civil Service jobs in Sheffield, the Home office occupies two large buildings.  I think it was David Blunkett who organised that, and it now looks as if more are on their way. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/sheffield-to-be-centre-for-policy-jobs-under-whitehall-shake-up
Oh, I'd move back instantly if we could run our own affairs.